Albino Cricket?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katnapper

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was feeding the kids this morning, and I found out I have an albino cricket! Had to take a pic of it and share...

Is this common? I got it in a batch of 1000 crickets I bought several weeks ago. Anyone else ever got one? It's a female, and I wonder if she laid eggs in the laying box I have in their tub... and if there's an increased chance if I'll get any more of them when the eggs hatch? Anyone know? Thanks!

October2008_057cropped.jpg

Not an albino. Most likely it just molted. Should turn normal color as it dries.

Oh, hehe.... yes, I just checked on her (I kept her in a seperate container last night), and she is darkening up. Thanks for letting me know, :lol: :p . Thought she was something special at first. Do all the newbies ask this, lol? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, hehe.... yes, I just checked on her (I kept her in a seperate container last night), and she is darkening up. Thanks for letting me know, :lol: :p . Thought she was something special at first. Do all the newbies ask this, lol? :huh:
Nope. Just you ;)

Latest posts