Alternative mantis enclosures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These actually look really great, thanks for the links. I plan on getting a tarantula at the end of the year, and I think I may order a couple of these!

They are certainly sleek and aesthetically pleasing for us humans to stare at but I would find them counterproductive for mantises. Slick glass surfaces with almost no where for tiny mantis feet to grip. Sure you can add some sticks, but it still highly limits the mantises choice in hanging spaces. That is one of the reasons I much prefer the net cages even if they aren't the prettiest things to stare at.

I see your point, both have their advantages. These enclosures are made out of acrylic instead of glass. I have my nymphs in smaller acrylic enclosures that I got at Michael's craft store and they are able to scale the walls.

Be careful when cleaning these, as the acrylic can scratch. Also, test any cleaners first, to make sure they don't compromise the surfaces.

Lol Sporeworld beat me to it. As soon as you mentioned they were acrylic, all I could think of is how much easier it is to scratch that stuff in comparison to glass.

Latest posts