Amantis nawai

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all.

I need to apologize for the misleading by calling Amantis nawai the "black hand/arm boxer mantis", although just for fun and for easy remembering. The name NA-WA-I (fame-peace-distinguish) is an Japanese scholar, could be the one first describing it. Sorry I have no answer to that, but I would feel guilty if people would follow my wrong doing and continuing call it this name.

Amantis nawai is a very small species, not really for anybody to keep. You must have some little prey for the L1, after that FF will be just perfect. Otherwise, the casualty will be more than we can possibly imagine. This species do boxing a lot, and can be identified by the black arm very easy, considered rare here in Taiwan, although really wild distributed over the mountainous region all over the island.

Luke

This species is not very difficult to breed if you have small prey ready. Any case, only FF is available the 30% out of the hatchlings (15 nymphs is nominal ) will likely be losing. Room temperature will be ok, and daily misting will be just fine. Very robust species, and please separate them no later then L4 if preferred as the cannibalism likely to happen the most.