Anatomy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo mantis

Reaction score
Hey guys my sister is doing a project and she needs to know the anotomy of a mantis. We also need to make a model my dad was thinking out of wood because he could help my sister with it. Please give me links to mantis anatomy sites also a few more modeling ideas would work. It has to have a cross section (or it can open up) and it must have the vital organs.

I had wondered about the anatomy myself, I was only able to find really basic things like this http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/...abelanswers.GIF which is the kind of thing they would show you if you didn't know what a mantis looked like rather than wanting to know what their insides are like , i'm guessing you wanted something internal with a bit more detail? Let us know if you have any joy, sorry I can't find anything decent, maybe there are some good reference books out there?

i did a 3000 word essay on the internal workings of the mantis im sure i still have it somewhere if you want me to root the disc out? its pretty technical though?!?!

Maybe this diagram can be better.

mantidAnat.gif

Since the thread is over two years old he may not need help now. ;)