Angry at the Post Office

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgerndt

Reaction score
I am so upset with USPS right now!!! My babies were supposed to be here yesterday, but they didn't arrive. I checked the tracking number, and all it said was that it left TN. I kept checking back this morning, and finally it was updated. It was misrouted! Luckily, it's only one city away from me. I hope it gets here today, and my little ones had better not be dead!!! I'm so worried about the little cuties. :(

At least you tracked and found it.

I have had some lost packages between FL and TN, also damaged. I have also had my first (outgoing from FL) ootheca package get lost.

Sometimes that stuff happens. :(

they will probably be fine, i never had a doa with priority, maybe once, lol.

If its coming from TN I'm assuming its from Michael, he knows how to pack mantises...they will be fine :) usually ppl who pack mantises should prepare them so they can survive a week in the mail. I wouldn't worry about it ;)

I know how frustrating that can be. Like you, I worry about them when they get delayed, whether I'm the shipper or the recipient. Fortunately it usually turns out to be OK. The only major problem I had was a package shipped in the winter on a Monday that didn't arrive until Saturday.

Hoping for the best!

I actually got them from Tony C. He has good feedback, so I'm cautiously hopeful. The weather hasn't been too hot, but it might actually be a little chilly for them. :(

I've known nymphs to survive a weekend at a postal sorting facility because the mailman didn't bother actually knocking on the door when he "attempted" delivery. They should be fine, but the anticipation is hard to deal with!

I actually got them from Tony C. He has good feedback, so I'm cautiously hopeful. The weather hasn't been too hot, but it might actually be a little chilly for them. :(
Tony is just as good a packer as Michael I assume bc he has an avid passion for mantids much like BT...your bugs should be fine ;)

I had a bad experience recently too. They dropped off crickets I ordered in the bushes. They were suppose to knock and hand deliver. Even checking hourly by the time I saw the box it was completely infested with ants...

If only it was our regular mailman, he always knocks if there are packages even if not required. Sadly the package came in the afternoon delivery and whoever did it really dropped the ball.

USPS is definitely going downhill fast. A month or so ago I got home from work to find that a shipment of Idolos was sitting on my second story balcony, meaning that my lazy mailman threw it up a story rather than walk up the stairs and leave it at my doorstep. Not to mention all the times he "Attemped" delivery when I was home but didn't bother to walk any farther than the mailbox to get a signature. If he keeps this up he's gunna find a mailbox full of pissed off hornets! :devil2: J/K :tt2:

USPS is definitely going downhill fast. A month or so ago I got home from work to find that a shipment of Idolos was sitting on my second story balcony, meaning that my lazy mailman threw it up a story rather than walk up the stairs and leave it at my doorstep. Not to mention all the times he "Attemped" delivery when I was home but didn't bother to walk any farther than the mailbox to get a signature. If he keeps this up he's gunna find a mailbox full of pissed off hornets! :devil2: J/K :tt2:
THREW IT UP A STORY!?!?!? ONTO THE BALCONY!?!?!? Paradoxia, you should probably inform the post office about this... :blink:

Wow I can't believe this! No more than 5 minutes ago I looked out the sliding glass window onto my balcony, and there's a box sitting there! Fortunately is wasn't something living this time, but it could have been out there for a couple days since we don't use the balcony that much.

I'm definitely gunna have to call USPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I can't believe this! No more than 5 minutes ago I looked out the sliding glass window onto my balcony, and there's a box sitting there! Fortunately is wasn't something living this time, but it could have been out there for a couple days since we don't use the balcony that much.

I'm definitely gunna have to call USPS.
Um, yeah. :shifty:

I finally got my nymphs in today!!! Two days late! I was happily surprised to find that they had all survived! They were all very hungry and thirsty, but now they should all be happily fed and watered. It's a good thing they got here today; I was seriously about to FREAK OUT if they didn't get here soon!

Latest posts