Angry...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame these kids are more concerned with killing the thing instead of, as I would have done, watched it and learned about insects and life from it. Many insects, especially things like mantids are fascinating, and it's a real shame people would kill a beneficial and fascinating insect rather than, say, raise and watch it.

When I was that age I found a mantis at school and was fascinated in it as I am always enchanted by such insects. Of course, some low-minded humanoid creature though it'd be a hoot to freak out, or at least pretend to freak out, and he stomped on it--not wanting to learn about animal life, no interest in wildlife whatsoever, just wanted to be "funny" and remain ignorant about the things in the world and how they work...

Of course, I was always the weird kid that played with insects and --it was much more "cool" and "mature" to kill them and then forget about them, and then talk about celebrities and pop music and what have you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Xeno you are my hero. :worship: I really wish there were more people like you willing to jump into a circle of jerks and save a poor insect. Or at least people that cared about the world and it's creatures.

I go to an all girls high school so instead of idiotic jerks who play with the mantis or any other bug till it's dead you get annoying girls that let out the most inhuman screams when they see a bug and then plead for someone to kill it. :angry:

So many of the girls in my school are ignornat( that was horribly spelt) little brats that care more about thier purses then anything living. I'm known as a weirdo at school because I SAVE bugs instead of KILL them. I really don't care about what they say about me, but when they insult an animal I want to get out a voodoo doll and teach them a lesson. <.<

What really gets to me is how stuipd the girls in my school are. I swear, I brought in one of my Texas unicorns to show my Chem/Bio teacher and next to nobody knew what it was( let alone what a mantis was). I had him with me when I had to stay after school and some girls thought it was spider.... :mellow: Do they really look that much like spiders???? Some other people think mantids are exinct. Now I bring in my mantids to inform the masses of the exsistence and how helpful they are to our world.

I nearly had a shouting fight in class with some girls trying to save a nursefly. :blink:

I'm gonna stop typing now.

Keep up the good work oh protecter of insects. I would one day wish to join your ranks. :D

It's a shame these kids are more concerned with killing the thing instead of, as I would have done, watched it and learned about insects and life from it. Many insects, especially things like mantids are fascinating, and it's a real shame people would kill a beneficial and fascinating insect rather than, say, raise and watch it. When I was that age I found a mantis at school and was fascinated in it as I am always enchanted by such insects. Of course, some low-minded humanoid creature though it'd be a hoot to freak out, or at least pretend to freak out, and he stomped on it--not wanting to learn about animal life, no interest in wildlife whatsoever, just wanted to be "funny" and remain ignorant about the things in the world and how they work...

Of course, I was always the weird kid that played with insects and --it was much more "cool" and "mature" to kill them and then forget about them, and then talk about celebrities and pop music and what have you...
It always hurts to realize that fact. People don't want to care about life other than themselves because that shows 'weakness'. And, to care about life and study it makes you 'weird'.

I mean, how are WE inferior for having a rapport with something THEY'RE too scared to even get close to?

Xeno you are my hero. :worship: I really wish there were more people like you willing to jump into a circle of jerks and save a poor insect. Or at least people that cared about the world and it's creatures.I go to an all girls high school so instead of idiotic jerks who play with the mantis or any other bug till it's dead you get annoying girls that let out the most inhuman screams when they see a bug and then plead for someone to kill it. :angry:

So many of the girls in my school are ignornat( that was horribly spelt) little brats that care more about thier purses then anything living. I'm known as a weirdo at school because I SAVE bugs instead of KILL them. I really don't care about what they say about me, but when they insult an animal I want to get out a voodoo doll and teach them a lesson. <.<

What really gets to me is how stuipd the girls in my school are. I swear, I brought in one of my Texas unicorns to show my Chem/Bio teacher and next to nobody knew what it was( let alone what a mantis was). I had him with me when I had to stay after school and some girls thought it was spider.... :mellow: Do they really look that much like spiders???? Some other people think mantids are exinct. Now I bring in my mantids to inform the masses of the exsistence and how helpful they are to our world.

I nearly had a shouting fight in class with some girls trying to save a nursefly. :blink:

I'm gonna stop typing now.

Keep up the good work oh protecter of insects. I would one day wish to join your ranks. :D
Here, even the guys are really stupid. As I was picking up Jewel (as I've named her ^_^ ), the boys were all saying stuff about it biting me and it being venomous... :blink:

Here, even the guys are really stupid. As I was picking up Jewel (as I've named her ^_^ ), the boys were all saying stuff about it biting me and it being venomous... :blink:
I agree. Some people just need to stop and look at the world around them, not run past with with a burning stick destorying everything they come in contact with.

I'm still so glad you saved the little girl. She needed help and you assisted. You are a real hero in her eyes and mine. ( :lol: ego boost.)

Was jewel the one that laid an odd looking ooth?

I agree. Some people just need to stop and look at the world around them, not run past with with a burning stick destorying everything they come in contact with.I'm still so glad you saved the little girl. She needed help and you assisted. You are a real hero in her eyes and mine. ( :lol: ego boost.)

Was jewel the one that laid an odd looking ooth?
Humankind is so destructive... It depresses me to think about all the damage we've done. :(

Actually it was Gluttony who laid the weird ooth. She was my first praying mantis. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Humankind is so destructive... It depresses me to think about all the damage we've done. :( Actually it was Gluttony who laid the weird ooth. She was my first praying mantis. :)
It's so sad, the world is falling apart and people all choose to ignore it.

Heheh, love the name. Hopefully she'll lay another non-deformed one. Do you know if any of them mated?

It's so sad, the world is falling apart and people all choose to ignore it. Heheh, love the name. Hopefully she'll lay another non-deformed one. Do you know if any of them mated?
Unfortunately, no. But, since they were all wildcaught it's very likely they've been fertilized already. :)

Unfortunately, no. But, since they were all wildcaught it's very likely they've been fertilized already. :)
Yeah, it's the same thing with my mantid. I caught her ages ago, but I didn't know if she mated or not, then I finally found a male european and was gonna mate him and her..... but the crickets decided he would make better food then a father.

What other mantids do you have? (random question time!)

Yeah, it's the same thing with my mantid. I caught her ages ago, but I didn't know if she mated or not, then I finally found a male european and was gonna mate him and her..... but the crickets decided he would make better food then a father.What other mantids do you have? (random question time!)
One subadult male Chinese. :)

Heh, good job Xeno. Kudos to you and Jewel :p

This reminds me of the time when I was a wee preschooler someone was stomping on some fire ants. I demanded they stop crushing them and when the kid didn't stop I started crying, attracted the teacher, told the teacher that 'the meanie over there won't stop squishing the ants!!', and saved the remainder of the workers around the anthill. B)

Looking back, I bet the teacher and the kid thought I was pretty ridiculous to cry over ants. :rolleyes:

One subadult male Chinese. :)
D'awww. I have two adult male Chinese (Spazz and Scaredy Cat), One adult female Chinese (Yang she ate Yin. <.<) and one lovely adult female European. (Acrhimedes)

I have loads of younger ones though.

If you ever need some chinese PM me. I'm gonna have loads of them soon.

I hope all goes well. :D

Heh, good job Xeno. Kudos to you and Jewel :p This reminds me of the time when I was a wee preschooler someone was stomping on some fire ants. I demanded they stop crushing them and when the kid didn't stop I started crying, attracted the teacher, told the teacher that 'the meanie over there won't stop squishing the ants!!', and saved the remainder of the workers around the anthill. B)

Looking back, I bet the teacher and the kid thought I was pretty ridiculous to cry over ants. :rolleyes:
But ants are so interesting. How each one has a specific job and all the amazing feats they're capable of. I don't blame you for saving them. :)

D'awww. I have two adult male Chinese (Spazz and Scaredy Cat), One adult female Chinese (Yang she ate Yin. <.<) and one lovely adult female European. (Acrhimedes)I have loads of younger ones though.

If you ever need some chinese PM me. I'm gonna have loads of them soon.

I hope all goes well. :D
Thanks!

How many Chinese ooths do you have? *just wondering* :)

i used to be a bug killer :/ but it was mostly feeding bugs to ants and spiders to see how they worked. i did kill some ants with fire and gasoline but now i love them, and want to get a fireant queen and start a colony in my room. ants are one of the more fascinating creatures.

i used to be a bug killer :/ but it was mostly feeding bugs to ants and spiders to see how they worked. i did kill some ants with fire and gasoline but now i love them, and want to get a fireant queen and start a colony in my room. ants are one of the more fascinating creatures.
Hehe hehe heh....I still kill ants. <_< Only when they go and invade my house though.... :angry:

Hehe hehe heh....I still kill ants. <_< Only when they go and invade my house though.... :angry:
we have ants in the kitchen. i usually see a few on the counter. i like watching them. the one thing i dont like walking around my floors is CRICKETS. i go through hundreds with my bearded dragon. i have them in a bin and will have a few escape. they always show up dead somewhere in my room -.-

Latest posts