ants anyone?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not feed mantids with aphids - I used to do that untill half of my first O. distinctus batch died the day after I fed them aphids.

I would not feed mantids with aphids - I used to do that untill half of my first O. distinctus batch died the day after I fed them aphids.
ive been feeding mine aphids for the past 6 days since they were born. They seem to be alright.

i dont know if i should get fruit fly cultures cause they wont come in intill tuesday and im worrying the nymphs will grow out of them by the time i get the cultures going.

how long do the average chinese nymphs feed on fruitflies?

any advice?

Pass the second moult you will have to feed it with something bigger - house flys will do alright. Fruit flies will be too small for 1 inch mantis.

ok thank you

i was thinking that just not sure

wanted to here from someone with experience

its all right i got two sets of fruitflies from this reptile store

my nymphs are downing them like nothing

thanks for all your help tho

Ok about the ants

DO NOT FEED MANTIS ANTS

This morning I woke up and went to check on my nymphs and spray them and I found an invasion. My brothers nymphs were no where to be found and the netted roof is too small for the nymphs to escape and ants were marching in the container. I killed as many ants as i can and i figured the ants had killed the 4 nymphs and the 8 fruit flies and carried them out in pieces out of the netting. i was amazed and sad at this site. Thankfully all the other containers are covered with really fine netting or else they would of killed all of my nymphs.

:(

Latest posts