Any clue what species spider this is?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeatzee

Reaction score

Awesome spider that I lost on my kitchen table o_O by yeatzee (16 and learning), on Flickr

I have kept it for several weeks now and it recently molted. A very fun spider to watch hunt (aggressive) and quite large for what I get locally here. Anyways, I took it out to try and get some pics and sure enough my flash was acting up. I got up and taped it together and when I turned around the dang thing was gone! I think its hiding in the Christmas decorations on my kitchen table o_O

Im going to miss that spider :(

It looked a lot like a small tarantula with a black abdomen with beige markings on the abdomen.

I only see 6 eyes. It's probably a brown recluse.....

Ha!

That's a bit of a joke, EVERY spider people bring in they think is a brown recluse.

Anyway. I have no idea. Do you have any other pictures? From above for example?

In my experience, if it's not a web maker, your chance of finding in this week is actually pretty good.

I'm no spider expert, but you can try bugguide.net for an ID.
To much work.... just wondering if anyone could recognize it right away.

I only see 6 eyes. It's probably a brown recluse.....

Ha!

That's a bit of a joke, EVERY spider people bring in they think is a brown recluse.

Anyway. I have no idea. Do you have any other pictures? From above for example?

In my experience, if it's not a web maker, your chance of finding in this week is actually pretty good.
Yeah I've been here for a while, I just don't post much anymore. I wish it was a brown recluse!

I do have more images but the Depth of field is very shallow so not much is in focus. It is not a web maker, and hunts like a wold spider.

Try www.spiderzrule.com.
thanks for the suggestion

Latest posts