Anybody else have Dart Frogs?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisworld2

Reaction score
HI there,

so I keep Poison Dart Frogs, specifically 4 Blue Azureus

So I was just wondering If there was anyone else in the hobby

Chris

I saw a lot of different frogs at the reptile show in Pomona at the beginning of the month. They were all so colorful, but the blue Azureus frogs were particularly stunning and really caught my eye. I had to walk away from so many things that day or else I would have bought them. It's best for me to remove myself from the situation to avoid temptation. :lol:

Azureus is just a locality morph of Dendrobates tinctorius. All azureus are blue, but tincs come in a dizzying array of color patterns. And that's just a single species... There are so many amazing darts out there with fascinating breeding and tadpole rearing behaviors. Truly the most enjoyable animals I've ever kept

I saw a lot of different frogs at the reptile show in Pomona at the beginning of the month. They were all so colorful, but the blue Azureus frogs were particularly stunning and really caught my eye. I had to walk away from so many things that day or else I would have bought them. It's best for me to remove myself from the situation to avoid temptation. :lol:
Hey you went to the Pomona Reptile show?! Thats where my brother bought his frog and I bought my new Orchid Mantis?

I went on Sunday. I purchased a pair of baby veiled chameleons. I adore them. Keeping them really ups the humidity in the bug room. They're a perfect fit. It was worth the trip, but the crowds were ridonkulous. :eek:

They don't hop away unless you poke at them. They are not shy at all!

I got one from the reptile show in Pomona, and one from this guy on the internet.

I have been contemplating now that I have gotten good at culturing flys. I would love to have a trio of Azureus. I love the blue/black look.

I have an empty 10 or 29 gallon tank that I might start setting up for darts. Just need to find a secure top lid. Horizontal setups seem easier.

Would you guys recommend the starter kit from joshes frogs?

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/complete-care-kits/dart-frog-habitat-kits/10-gallon-horizontal-dart-frog-kit.html

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/complete-care-kits/dart-frog-habitat-kits/29g-horizontal-dart-frog-kit-dart-frog-kit.html

Latest posts