Anyone interested in 'Cryptozoology'?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the waterbear is awsome

think if we had a giant waterbear like the size of a dog

it could destroy us all

( i wonder if another homonid species was found alive if we'd enslave them, it's possible. )

Well, this is of course possible. A bit back (cant remember dates) we enslaved black people to do our work. We are different species I believe, but similar (labrador and bull terrier etc). And in Victorian times the British empire wiped out the tansanians in just 50 years.

Hopefully havn't gotten my facts wrong but my point about this is maybe there could have been hundreds of other types of humans but as you say we have wiped them out. for all we know there could have been people like mantis (green, leaf like extenstions for hiding, claws/jaws for hunting etc)

Cheers, Cameron.

At one time in a place in africa, there were at least 13 species of homonid, ranging from small to absolutely huge, all living in the same proximity to eachother.

I dont think any race of human is a different species, just a variation to suit the environment, there's no natural selection in our species anymore but if it had of continued that way, the differently evolved populations would probably be VERY different in appearance.

Sailors tales of a 'glowing' ocean over the centuries were classed as folklore and crazy, this year it was confirmed by sattellite imaging (probably bio-luminescent bacteria stirred up in a current).
If you've never seen this, you are missing out. It is AMAZING. The sheer numbers of dinoflaggelates in the given area is mind boggling when you see how bright the glow is.

Saw a couple of seals at dover docks once, native, but hardly ever seen this far down, thats the best i can say ive seen in the sea i believe :)

This is something i'm getting identified at the moment, some people have said its a tooth, others have said its part of a shell of some kind. It was found alongside some kind of old blade/spear and many pearl/shell buttons.

objbothsides.jpg

certainly looks organic

from the other side looks a bit like a shell of sorts but otherside doesn't really in my opinion

let us know what it is when you find out

Latest posts