anyone selling mantises

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aje88

Reaction score
uh if your selling any type of mantis that grow at least 3 inches or higher please message me back.oh, and for a low price cus i kinda spent all my money on my chinese mantis. :D

uh if your selling any type of mantis that grow at least 3 inches or higher please message me back.oh, and for a low price cus i kinda spent all my money on my chinese mantis. :D
I think that this should be in the "for sale/wanted" part of the forum, but I'm glad that you put it here, because I can maybe make you a deal. I can let you have some nymphs that grow to nearly your size requirement (F. ~ 2/3/4") for a really excellent price and the nymphs are at 3rd-4th instar, BUT I want my babies to be fed on something better than harvester ants.

Here's what you do. I presume that you don't have any kind of insect net, and I know that it's hard to depend on the rents for everything you get, but you really need one to catch your mantids' dinner, though Rick's suggestions are very good, too.

You can make one with an old pillow case (Mom, I don't have a pillow case! Is it in the laundry?") a wire coat hanger (if you don't have one, try dumpster diving with yr brother). It's best to have a handle: http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/ythfacts/...it1/collnet.htm, but since you are probably not very tall, you can manage without one in long grass, if you have to.

Take a mayonaise or jam jar to collect the insects and yr brother for moral support, but do it NOW before my nymphs grow old and die :D

Let us know what you catch, and I'll pm you to make shipping arrangements.

oh you guys got me mistakened. i feed my mantis thes huje ants about an inch.

This is what the classifieds are for. Eventually you will start posting in the right forum I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.