Are Ceratomantis back?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tier

Reaction score
Hi

How about the Ceratomantis? Are they back in the hobby now? I realized Frey offered them some weeks ago. Somebody have them now, or was it just a PR-gag? Except Frey's offer, I haven't heard of them again.

regards,

Stefan

Hi

How about the Ceratomantis? Are they back in the hobby now? I realized Frey offered them some weeks ago. Somebody have them now, or was it just a PR-gag? Except Frey's offer, I haven't heard of them again.

regards,

Stefan
I tthink that Frey is probably the first deealer to offer this genus in the US, though, as you know, it was not uncommon in Poland and Germany in the middle of the last decade. Frey mentioned it to me in a note of June 7th, and it was not a "PR=gag". One excellent way to get more information on Frey's holdings might be to contact her directly. B)

i asked her about swapping ceratomantis for orchids that hadn't hatched yet and she never answered me back.

Hi

Phil, you are completely missunderstanding my post. I ask: Does anybody (except Frey) have Ceratomantis now? Wouldn't it be stupid to ask Frey "Hey, do you have Ceratomantis?" although he already posted that he has them? I am asking all the other people. Does anybody already have some of these mysterious new stock?

greetings,

Stefan

Hi

Phil, you are completely missunderstanding my post. I ask: Does anybody (except Frey) have Ceratomantis now? Wouldn't it be stupid to ask Frey "Hey, do you have Ceratomantis?" although he already posted that he has them? I am asking all the other people. Does anybody already have some of these mysterious new stock?

greetings,

Stefan
Ah, yes, Stefan, I thought that rhat you were interested in obtaining this species, but it appears that you you are seeking to discover the provenance/distribution of the "mysterious new stock". I doubt, since it is being offered from Poland, that the stock is mysterious or new, but let me do some checking. I would think that yr sources are more extensive than mine. I assume, for example, that you have already checked with dealers/breeders like Christian, Drizzt, Lars and the rest, who seldom if ever post here; but I have friends in other parts of Europe who may know something. I am pretty confident that no one in the US has it, though I'd be happy to be wrong.

Hi Phil,

thanks for your help. Actually, I did not do so much research on the distribution. I haven't talked to many people yet. All I know is that since many years this species has vanished from the hobby. Then suddenly Frey (who seems to be the only one) offered it recently. Thus I thought it can only be a new stock, imported by Frey. Now I wanna know if anybody here has got them already. Frey offered them here more or less exclusice (her offer said "only for my friends"). A lot of people here looking for this species since some time and for sure would directly buy it. Consequently, some people here should already have it.

Greetings,

Stefan

The species that was offered as Ceratomantis by Frey is not this genus. We will know what they are when they are adult.

Greetings

Ahh, so Phil was right: I should have directly asked my contact persons instead of asking here. Funny. I thought it was more likely that Frey sold "them" - whatever it may be - in USA than in europe (as she is not tolerated in most european forums).

Thanks Kai, very appreciated,

Stefan

Latest posts