Are Iris oratoria going extinct?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any Iris oratoria left?  I have not seen any outside in over a year. I cannot even find any sightings from online sources. Are my babies all dead?

@[email protected] Thankfully the species exist around the world, so even if (god forbid) the US population of them disappear they live on (unlike some native species). I did though find some records of the I. Oratoria in Arizona, Texas, and California found this year - so they are out there still. :) See the id's/photos/map/details at this link, each record is clickable for more details and larger photos.

Did you ever hear back from Peter about them in your original post here? If not send him a PM to get his attention to see what he knows about them, as he is busy but a PM will get a response. ;)

I am pleased to say @CosbyArt and @[email protected] my adult wild cought female laid an ooth, I always see hatched ones around but I never find or see adults. I found a female about a month ago and today she laid the ooth, hopefully she'll lay more