Argh I can't find anything!? Any help?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lolololol. I have a female European! My sister works for sun-Rype juices and she was in the factory, and in one of the bins was a mantid, so she dropped it off for me and I looked and she is a fresh adult female! It was in the actual factory! (inside) so females do go to weird places! Lol

Wow, that's beautiful! I might have to move there one day. Judging from the habitat and my own personal experience with ground mantids, I don't know if they are around there, it may be too humid or cool (unless it gets hotter than the pictures suggest (it being right by a lake and all).

Great find on the Euro female, hopefully she's been mated if she's not too fresh. And another prime example of them being in weird places. As far as the ground mantids go, I just collect around 13 yesterday. I'm sending a pair to Rick for the expo and the rest I'm going to try and breed. Once I get the next generation, I'll be selling them off and you'll be one of the first to get some, assuming you don't come across any by then.

I don't know, females have been found in weirder places. My uncle is a correctional officer and he found a female european in the actual prison. Lol, he thought of me and caught it and then brought it down to me. But needless to say, I keep this one away from the other ones :gun_bandana: :gunsmilie:
My dads a correctional officer too and said he found a white praying mantis in the yard while they were doing drills. He couldnt get it because they were doing drills, so he let it be. Then some other officer came up and squished it ;( he couldnt tell who it was because they all had gas masks on.

I went to the dentist yesterday and sure enough I saw one on the outside of the window while they were looking in my mouth. :lol: Maybe that's a good place to look?

Wow, that's beautiful! I might have to move there one day. Judging from the habitat and my own personal experience with ground mantids, I don't know if they are around there, it may be too humid or cool (unless it gets hotter than the pictures suggest (it being right by a lake and all).

Great find on the Euro female, hopefully she's been mated if she's not too fresh. And another prime example of them being in weird places. As far as the ground mantids go, I just collect around 13 yesterday. I'm sending a pair to Rick for the expo and the rest I'm going to try and breed. Once I get the next generation, I'll be selling them off and you'll be one of the first to get some, assuming you don't come across any by then.
Warmest lake in Canada! Not very humid about 40% they are the only native species here! It can be up to 40 Celsius and 100F! Lots of wine! No she has not been mated, she probably molted to adult less than a week ago. I'd love to buy some off of you! (ground mantids) and I probably won't find any by then. The lake can be up to 20C and like 50-70 F

Latest posts