Argiope aurantia

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

more_rayne

Reaction score
This awesome spider made a web in my neighbors yard. Since they know I love bugs, they told me about it. I took her home and she's happily living in a 10 gallon aquarium.

6063217551_f16bd1a54a_b.jpg

6063217897_d672a5ae00_b.jpg

6063218231_fcb258bbc1_b.jpg

I've got a juvenile right outside my kitchen window where the kitchen table is that I've got to watch grow and hunt. Our family adores her :)

Not only is the Argiope Genus one of the prettiest of spiders, the web is exquisite as a work of art for all to enjoy, except flying insects.

John hooked me up with several siiick orbs! I lobe these things! every species is unique in it's own way!

I wish I could get my hands on the larges sp. that was found in Maddy!!!! Too bad all I'll ever get is a pic to gaze at!!! lol

Keep in mind guys, the larger the space you provide, the larger the web they'll spin!

Yeah brian the ones i sent you didnt even put a dent in the amount i have in my back yard. One of the benefits of living in the woods,lol. I have all kind of crazy bugs out here. Probably some never even discovered yet. lol.

That is a pretty spider. Around our house there are many Black and Yellow Spiders. Right now there are two egg sacks out side! I will take a picture of those egg sacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts