Attaching ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithers

Reaction score
I was curious how everyone attaches there small ooths? I received a couple Oxypilus gillonae today and they’re both hopefully mated females. While in shipping one laid a super tiny ooth (maybe 1/4”) on the plastic container that popped off when I opened it. Can I still use a low heat glue gun or is there a better method?

I was curious how everyone attaches there small ooths? I received a couple Oxypilus gillonae today and they’re both hopefully mated females. While in shipping one laid a super tiny ooth (maybe 1/4”) on the plastic container that popped off when I opened it. Can I still use a low heat glue gun or is there a better method?
Hot glue as described, or 'craft putty' as shown below.

Needle and thread will work too. You only pierce a couple of eggs.

20200319_195541.jpg

I’ve used needle and thread And low temp glue guns for larger species before. it was just a bit of a shock today having never dealt with such a small ooth. I bought these as nymphs so when two adult females showed up with an ooth in one container it took me by surprise lol. I’ll have to try the craft putty sometime! Thanks for the help!

Latest posts