Avicularia metallica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't feel claws on my pason T, but the first tarantula I handled was in the desert and we saw one and the guy that was there picked it up and had it walking on him, and it didn't hurt him so I let it walk on me, and it had what felt like claws everytime he stepped.

Felt really odd, but I thought it was cool, so I got the paysoni when I came around.

Does anybody know a good guide to telling the Avicuaria species apart? There is a "pink toed" tarantula at a local pet store and id like to know which avicularia it is.

with regards to the request for info on avics,

you'll find it probably will be a avic avic as they are the most common of the genus, these are very aesy to look after and can be quite entertaining species and that goes for all the avics. only thing you need to remember is try to keep the tank quite humid for them and they will do fine.As for getting 1 from a petshop, i wouldnt recommend it unless you know they really look after them as most just buy them in and know very little about the different species and their requirements and also you will pay well over the odds for 1. e.g ive just purchased an adult feamle and that cost me a 10 pounds. if you look around the different forums e.g bugnation, arachnophiles & reptile forums im sure you will pick 1 up alot cheaper and will be in alot better condition im sure.

avic metallica - lovely pics m8, i had 1 but it escaped and unfortunately died due to being extreemly cold at xmas :(