Awesome small mantid enclosures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider_creations

Reaction score
Hey guys  and galsI just wanted to show you some new mantid enclosures I bought they are really nice and we're at a great price of course they were not made for mantids but it's really esay to turn them into a mantis enclosure.... I was looking for these and finally found some for sale :) I currently bought 5  1458350003639394934926.jpg

1458350077370-1328746938.jpg

1458350111632-804780039.jpg

I have the taller versions that held parrot food. Post pictures when your done I would like to see what the shorter version looks like setup. The lid is better also on yours. The only downside I have with this type container is when mantid is on the lid it is hard to unscrew so I finally just set the lid on instead of screwing it down.

Will work but you would likely need to modify the lid. 

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and I haven't done anything with it yet. I'd like to see a picture on how your lid turns up if you will be modifying it. 

Hey here's an update with some pictures I first cut a feeding hole and used Cosby art's idea instead of foam he uses medicine bottle caps I am using  water bottle caps 

First I cut the top of of the water bottle then I cut a hole in the contaier then I hot glued it in place and made sure there were no openings or  sharp plastic pieces then a made 2 holes in the container cap then hot glued vent cloth I could have used mesh but wanted this one to be made out of cloth of course I only mentioned the important steps anyway hope you all in joy the pictures :)

20160319_175431.jpg

20160319_180145.jpg

20160319_182000.jpg

20160319_182026.jpg

20160319_182105.jpg

Hey here's an update with some pictures I first cut a feeding hole and used Cosby art's idea instead of foam he uses medicine bottle caps I am using  water bottle caps 

First I cut the top of of the water bottle then I cut a hole in the contaier then I hot glued it in place and made sure there were no openings or  sharp plastic pieces then a made 2 holes in the container cap then hot glued vent cloth I could have used mesh but wanted this one to be made out of cloth of course I only mentioned the important steps anyway hope you all in joy the pictures :)

Great variation of using the bottle caps. :) So how did the habitat work out for you? I do like the nice clean looking openings you did in the lid, looks nice.

What's in the open cups beneath?
Are you referring to dmina's post in her first image? (as there is no context for your sentence) If that is what you are talking about, those are your standard plant seedling trays.

Yeah I was referring to the open cups with the brightly colored plants in them in dmina's  first image. Are you keeping insects in there? How come they don't escape?

they're fake flowers right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are cups for my mantis... 2oz & 4oz size... I also do the tops for them but if I put the top on you couldn't see the decorations inside.. 

The plants are the fake flowers.. 

Here is what the tops look like..

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

I cut a hole it the top of the cup and hot glue screen to the underside of it...

Latest posts