B. mendica question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosh96

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm planning on getting a Blepharopsis mendica nymph soon. I've heard that they prefer a dry setup, but what's the best way to make sure they get enough to drink?

There is a thread called Blepharopsis consolidated. It is great. I literally studied it before I started with the Blephs. There is great controversy abt. Spraying the Bleph enclosure. I do, but only a tiny bit. I use a zoo med container with screened sides. I attatched sticks and climbing material on the sides, and especially on the top. The love to molt from and live on the top. I use a heat lamp and a uv light in the day, heat light always at night. The thread is so valuable and filled with trial and error experience from many breeders . I love the Blepharopsis highly recommend them.

I read it, and it seems like B. mendica may not be the species for me.

I've been raising Blepharopsis mendica for 2.5 years now. It sounds like you changed your mind, but if you do get them, consider the humidity in your house and type of enclosure you keep them in. I raise most of mine in net cages. The few in plastic have extra ventilation added. Nowadays I've been misting mine lightly once a week when they are smaller, and I actually decrease that as they get older. I rarely ever spray my older nymphs or adults. This has worked well for me, but you may need to adapt based on your own conditions and the amount of heat that they get.