Baby Pseudouroctonus reddelli scorpions

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sschind

Reaction score
I bought several scorpions a month or so ago and when I looked into her cage this morning I found my female Pseudouroctonus reddelli with babies.  I'm pretty pumped.  The only other babies I ever got with scorpions were from several WC Pandinus imperator females.

I need to look for care info on the babies so I know how to proceed.  I have a very small (2i?) Hoffmannius spinigerus and another P. reddelli that is probably 2i or 3i and they have been doing fine but I have only had them for about month or so.

My biggest question is can they be kept together for any length of time after they leave the mother or do they need to be separated from the start.

So far my collection stands at 

0.0.2 Hadogenes paucidens
0.0.1 Hadrurus arizonensis
0.3.0 Centruroides vittatus with 2 looking very fat so perhaps many more in the future
0.0.1 Hoffmannius spinigerus
0.1.? P.redelli

Predelliwbabies.jpg

predelliwbabies2.jpg

predelliwbabies3.jpg

predelliwbabies4.jpg

I've never kept scorpions so I have no advice, but I just wanted to say that the babies are absolutely adorable!  :wub:

I hate to stop by with no advice, as I was just browsing..

But I wanted to let you know that those are awesome pics!!

Good luck to you!

I hate to stop by with no advice, as I was just browsing..

But I wanted to let you know that those are awesome pics!!

Good luck to you!
Thanks.  its just a cheap camera but I try.  Unfortunately I lost almost all the babies during their first and second molts.  I read an article somewhere that said they were difficult to get through those two.  I have another baby that was probably 3rd instar that I got with the mom of these and it is doing great so hopefully my last two will make it.  The second one just molted into its third instar.

Thanks.  its just a cheap camera but I try.  Unfortunately I lost almost all the babies during their first and second molts.  I read an article somewhere that said they were difficult to get through those two.  I have another baby that was probably 3rd instar that I got with the mom of these and it is doing great so hopefully my last two will make it.  The second one just molted into its third instar.
Awe, well that's okay! You win some and lose some! I hope your baby lives a long healthy life :D  

Latest posts