Bad Ootheca Place

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowChild

Reaction score
well i looked over and caught my female s.carolina laying her ooth right now and shes laying it on the top edge of her aquarium, but the tank lid's holes are big enough for the babies to escape, and i cant remove the ooth without damaging,

any suggestions? :huh:

Why can't you remove it? Give it a week or so to harden and carefully remove it. I've never had an ooth I couldn't move.

Why can't you remove it? Give it a week or so to harden and carefully remove it. I've never had an ooth I couldn't move.
i read somewhere you were suppose to cut around the twigs that its laid on to not damage the part of the ooth

the ooth is laid on the glass part of the tank and i dont know how to move it to a smaller container without damaging part of the eggs <_<

simple just spray water on it when it drys and gently push or pull it off the glass and a little damage will not hurt the ooth any unless its a small ooth but it should come right off when it dries with a little tug!

i read somewhere you were suppose to cut around the twigs that its laid on to not damage the part of the ooththe ooth is laid on the glass part of the tank and i dont know how to move it to a smaller container without damaging part of the eggs <_<
Well sure if it is on a tiwig. In this case it isn't, so common sense tells you that doesn't apply in your situation. Let it get nice and dry and then pull it off. Glass is the easiest thing to remove them from. If it won't come off get a razor blade and get in between the ooth and the glass and once you seperate one corner it should come off. The key is to make sure it is dry. Give it a week or two.

or you can do it right now and I always removed my ooths the same day they are laid and have had no harm done to any of mine

Give it ample time to dry SlowChild.

Well sure if it is on a tiwig. In this case it isn't, so common sense tells you that doesn't apply in your situation. Let it get nice and dry and then pull it off. Glass is the easiest thing to remove them from. If it won't come off get a razor blade and get in between the ooth and the glass and once you seperate one corner it should come off. The key is to make sure it is dry. Give it a week or two.
+1

A few months ago, I had a few female ghosts in a communal setup and when I went to gather the ooths found that one (I guess) had laid an egg partly on top of another on a slender twig. When they were good and dry, I was able to take the top one off without damaging either ooth.

Latest posts