Bees?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a drop of honey into a dry, empty water bottle and just put the mouth over the bee. After it flies up and finds the honey, it'll probably stop trying to escape. This worked very well with flies for me.

do u guys see ANY benfits feeding your mantids wild caught bees?
Of course! One, they're huge and will provide a lot of food, two, they are covered in pollen. You're not having to do any of the honey dustiong of the fruit flies. Plus, you only need one or two of them.

Is it safe to feed some bees from my garden to my Idolo`s?

I just dont see it as working, i usally get the end of everything so im worried they`ll sting my mantids, and dont they have poison sacs for the sting? what happens if they eat that?

That's ridiculous. Bees do not have 'poison sacs'. There is not much chance of them being stung, because well, the mantis is holding it.

Not what i ment, they obviously have some sort of poison or toxin other wise thier sting wouldnt hurt?

Not what i ment, they obviously have some sort of poison or toxin other wise thier sting wouldnt hurt?
No, the only reason it hurts is because it pricks. There are some who spit and bite, but it has nothing to do with toxin.

Latest posts