Beetles?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Last night i was walking my dog and walked past a street light and saw like 40 or 50 beetles.

I have seen this before and just keep walking but i have some hungry mantis at my house so i ran back to my house came back with a container and collect like 20 or so (only the un-crushed and running ones).

I have not had time to take there pictures but was wondering if anybody knew what they eat and if a diet of mainly beetles would affect the helth of my mantis.

I think they are Phyllophaga here is a link.

They will be fine for your mantids to eat as long as the mantids are large enough to get past the hard exoskeleton. I caught some very large beetles once and even a giant asian mantis couldn't eat them because they were so hard.

They will be fine for your mantids to eat as long as the mantids are large enough to get past the hard exoskeleton. I caught some very large beetles once and even a giant asian mantis couldn't eat them because they were so hard.
Same here, had some kind of a flat looking bug and the top of it was very hard. He kept tapping on the hard shell with his raptor claws and... no go.

Ill see what my damage my mantis can do tomorrow i put some banana in there with them today and they destroyed it!! I just hope they ate some and din't just played with it. :mellow:

Latest posts