Bent Abdomen? Can he still mate?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdreamchas3r913

Reaction score
Hey guys! I realize this is a fairly common issue and there are other threads about this so I'm sorry! But I searched for a bit and it seems like a fold or kink in their abdomen is usually ok and they will survive, but i only found threads mentioning this condition in nymphs, is it ok for an adult to have a bent abdomen? My male limbata just molted a day ago and when i found him, i discovered that he started to molt hanging right over the bottom of the container so he was a bit stuck and it seemed like this thorax and forelegs were a bit warped i was kinda freaking out and very carefully pulled the skin off since only the tip of his abdomen was still attached to the skin. i was worried about his back and/or claws getting deformed but the next day they were perfectly normal! his wings are perfect now, but his abdomen somehow got really curved, not exactly bent, but like it's hanging from the side. Will he be ok? from the other posts, it sounds like he'll live, but will he still be able to mate? I don't know if he'll be able to curve his abdomen down and connect with a female, but i'm more worried if this will affect his health overall! would greatly appreciate any info and thanks alot guys! stay awesome!

aiyah! that sucks! thanks for the tip phil! if i try it out tho what should i do if he can't connect with the female? how should i separate them? i always just let them be once he jumps on her if i intervene will they freak out or will the female be extra aggressive or anything? i'll give it a shot just not too sure whats the best way to break up a pair in once they're in "mating mode"!

Latest posts