Best UK flying bug suppier??

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Where do all you UK guys buy your fly/moth etc larvae from? Any good online recommendations?

Thanks.

I buy maggots from the fishing tackle shop and keep them cool til I want them to pupate in small amounts. As for moths, wax moths are probably the easiest to obtain as waxworms from places like www.livefoods.co.uk.

Other than fruit flies, I don't know many places that sell live flying insects although I think livefoods may sell curly winged house flies.

I haven't spent a penny on live foods all summer.....I'm now a dab hand at catching anything that moves! None of my mantids have gone hungry.

Alan

livefood.co.uk and livefooddirect dont they supply wax wroms treated so they do not pupate and therefore do not become moths as i am looking for some moths myself and emailed these places

these are where my curly wing flies come from as well

Oh right...maybe. I must admit the only lot I had from them never pupated...at the time I just thought they were a bad batch. I used to get them from a pet shop in the past and they used to turn into moths. I would be interested to find a species that could be cultivated on a regular basis.....

I bought (or tried to) some slkwormd from those guys at Seritech a while ago, my order never came and my emails were never answered :?