Big lady!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I had the chance to measure my big A. Gigas female. She's 10 inches! I am amazed at how she has grown. Its not obvious like it is with mantids, she seems to have grown secretly.

I want a breeding pair of those, but I don't know if there legal to own. btw @Stickycould you send me the link to the site you purchased them? is it wards science?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Ward's science. You dont get a choice of sex though. Males are not common. 

Im sure if you keep searching online you find one. Try Facebook. There are several millipede groups, I bet you can have some luck there.

Also, keep a close eye on Peter Clausen's Bugs In Cyberspace, he has them every once in awhile.

Sticky... sounds like a nice sized milli! Is she your only AGB?

I have bought 9 AGBS from Wards. All were females. I did ask for a male once but no luck. That said, I did get 9 good sized adult females.

@Sticky Glad to hear she is doing so well, very nice. :D If I remember correctly you got some earlier this year, so I'm curious what size was she when you got her?

I want a breeding pair of those, but I don't know if there legal to own. ...
You should be fine, the only issue I have heard about with them was importing them yourself into the US. They all but disappeared awhile back as pets, but lately have made a come back - I recommend you get them while you can.
thumbs-up2.gif

@Sticky Glad to hear she is doing so well, very nice. :D If I remember correctly you got some earlier this year, so I'm curious what size was she when you got her?

You should be fine, the only issue I have heard about with them was importing them yourself into the US. They all but disappeared awhile back as pets, but lately have made a come back - I recommend you get them while you can.
thumbs-up2.gif
Lol idk if I spend 120$ on pair of millipedes Becuase I don't like spec ding crazy amounts on my bugs. mabye in the near future I'll buy a pair 

Lol idk if I spend 120$ on pair of millipedes Becuase I don't like spec ding crazy amounts on my bugs. mabye in the near future I'll buy a pair 
Yeah I don't blame you, it is hard to justify the costs especially if something happens to just one of them it is a huge waste. I have the same problem with my other pets - I have been pricing the adult tarantulas (so I don't have to wait 5 years for them to fully grow) but they cost $150-$300+ per individual as adults in species I'm interested in, versus $10-$30 for 1/4"-1/2" slings so I'll likely be waiting many years. ;)

The great thing with the 'pedes though is if you keep them moist and have a pair of them, you should have plenty of babies in no time with very little effort. Then of course you could always sell some to help cover your costs, and keep them at a manageable population too. :)

Latest posts