Black dots on ooth!!!!"""!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drolkp84

Reaction score
I've been keeping a close eye on my creo ooth and just now I've noticed very tiny black dots around the zipper. Should I be worried or is this a good sign? Only a hand full of dots but never seen them before...maybe its just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been about an hour and its seems like I'm seeing a lot more dots and the ooth seems to be little bit dryer/ lighter than before.

So the black spots mean They'll be hatching soon? Cool I can't wait!!!! I was starting to think I did something wrong.

If you are seeing more black dots within the hour, thats quite something... Could you potentially post a photo? Are the dots under the surface of the ootheca or above? I know for a fact that Creo's are a species in which the development of the nymphs can be externally observed due to the minor transparency of the ooth's structure.

I also wouldn't bother it too much anymore... They could be preparing to hatch and last thing you want to do is disturb them and jeopardize hatching success. How long have you been incubating them?

Would take pics but I cant seem to find my camera and my camera phone doesn't do it justice. Just got the ooth from mantid mike about 2 weeks ago.

Would take pics but I cant seem to find my camera and my camera phone doesn't do it justice. Just got the ooth from mantid mike about 2 weeks ago.
Someone else that I sent a creo ooth to just messaged me and told me it hatched. This probably indicates that yours should be hatching next, so maybe in a week? :)

I must be blind I couldn't see a thing I think I'm going to have to invest into a magnifier.

I hold out little hope for my creo ooth hatching. Its been 20 days since my last post and still nothing.

Latest posts