Blepharopsis Mendica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question might be asked, where are the ones who have successfully bred this species. I dare say that not more than a handful will respond. Not that all breeders respond to such questions, but an idea might be obtained from this question.

I bred them but I think it was beginners luck, and I memorized the B mendica consolidated forum.

they are a little hard to breed, but usually they do pretty good together, some get eaten, others for some reason do not, but the female's seem to always accept the male when put together.

I've been raising B mendica for over two years now. They require extra heat and do better at my house with only minimal spraying. For me, I find they are more difficult to raise than many species, and I lose a few more L1 and L2 nymphs than some species. But as for the mating, I find them one of the easier species to mate. The females always seem receptive, and the males always show interest. I've mated every adult female, but I've had a couple that did not lay fertile ooths. I often leave the female and male together for a couple of weeks without issues. Then I remove the males for a while because some of them attempt to mate quite often. Then I put them back together for a while.

Thanks to Tammy, I am starting my first real effort to raise them. I will update later, but for now I had a nice hatch this afternoon and evening of 52 so far. IT remains how many are going to be alive long enough to molt to L-2. For now, they are lounging around and being introduced to the melanogaster fly. I will get really acquainted with all the instructions that have been given for this heat loving species.

Latest posts