blue bottle flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes he said he did not have abig call for them so he gave them up. I do wish someone sold the crickets, fly puapea and the like together to save on shipping. I spend more on shipping than I do on food! Spelling on puapea wrong, but I can't say it either :lol:

I have been using ups express mail when ordering from grubco, priority mail just couldn't work as all fly larvae turn out dead under intense Texas heat.

Rebecca, where did you get yours from?

Anyone knows any shop selling blue bottle pupa? i can only find fly larvae. WIsh spiderpharm sells blue bottle pupa too.

http://www.forkedtreeranch.com I haven't ordered them yet Yen. But I've been looking at this site, Only one I can find. I want to order some but minimum order is 3 cups at almost 10.00 a cup. So I was waiting to have enough large mantis to feed these to before ordering, I think I am ready now to try them out, when I do I will post back here for you guys!

I love Grubco as well, but I haven't found anyone that sells just the pupae, either. However, the maggots don't 'bug' me too much (haha--no pun intended! Sorry gang, just had to say it)

I cultured my own house flies once via Spiderpharm method--I'm not sure if one can do it this way with blue bottles? (My conclusion with the houseflies was as follows: "Just let Chuck at Spiderpharm work his magic!" LOL)

Kris

Anyone in California buy from Grubco?
Yes, I received twelve cups of bluebottles just ten minutes ago. They came after only two days. Many of the larvae had pupated already.

I just got mine too and at least half had pupated. They only ship Mon.-Wed. and I had ordered last Thurs. I'm not thrilled with Grubco but the other places require larger purchase orders, etc. I order because they have what I need, not because I like them. Customer service is lacking, IMO.

You can buy both earthworms, maggots of different species (and colours through dye) and pupae at any angling/tackle/fishing shop... U guys over stateside could prolly get them in a walmart or gun shop or something too.

Latest posts