• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Blue Bottle Pupae or Spikes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katnapper

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for 5,000 BB spikes (maggots), and 3 cups of pupae from Forked Tree Ranch. Pam called me last night, and she'd made a mistake and mixed up the labels with someone else's order. I'm not sure of the difference in shipping (increased weight) I'll have to pay when it gets here. BUT instead of 5 thousand spikes, I'll be receiving 110 thousand of them :eek: , and also my 3 cups of pupae. I hope I have room in the fridges for them all!!! :huh:

I'm wanting to sell some off to anyone who wants some... cheap. I'd make them free, but I have to make up for the increased amount I have to pay for the higher weight freight, mess around with them, divide and weigh them up, pupate some, store them, box them, ship them, etc. I haven't created a price list yet, but will be posting it soon to this thread. I will also sell either the spikes or the pupae, whichever you prefer. I will be pupating lots of them in anticipation of people who would rather deal with the pupae than spikes. And I will be sending with cool packs included.

Please help me out and check back very soon for more details. Thank you for looking! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be ok with the shipping. Wasn't your mistake. Let me know what you want for them. I may be interested. Even 5K seems an awful lot.

so u have my order! :rolleyes: sorry then I got yours!
Omg.... :eek: lol! :p It's not funny for you... sorry!!!! B) You know I wondered if it could have been your order. And now I can see where Pam could have mixed up the "Rebecca" labels. If you need some more, cheap.... let me know!!! :rolleyes:

Everyone else who responded.... (thank you for your interest and letting me know so I can start to plan!!!!) ;) I will reply back here, and/or PM you individually with details. Just let me know if you're wanting pupae or spikes... and about how many. Then I can figure who wants what with what I'll be getting and can plan better. They haven't arrived yet, and I still don't know how much they may charge me for the excess weight versus what Pam paid for shipping on my original much smaller order. Need to do some figuring, and will know more as soon as they arrive. I'm planning on shipping out to everyone asap on either Mon., Tues., or Wed., as soon as they get here. Will let you all know more soon... when I know more! And thank you again for your interest and help in unloading these! ;)

Yea she has a hard time with us Rebeccas, so does Chuck! You don 't happen to have my house flies to do ya? :angry:

haha, I will take 12 cups of pupae and fresh magies if they appear fresh, the ones I got of yours today are not looking so healthy!

Yea she has a hard time with us Rebeccas, so does Chuck! You don 't happen to have my house flies to do ya? :angry: haha, I will take 12 cups of pupae and fresh magies if they appear fresh, the ones I got of yours today are not looking so healthy!
She didn't say anything about me getting your pupae, just the maggots. And in fact, I don't think I'll be getting any pupae with that order, because she mentioned that she sent my 3 cups of pupae seperately so I'd have the pupae I wanted.

I sure hope all will hopefully be fresh and healthy! If not... I might just dump 'em.

I'll take either really. You should not be charged extra shipping due to their mistake. Don't let them make you pay for it!

I'll take either really. You should not be charged extra shipping due to their mistake. Don't let them make you pay for it!
I just hope they don't ask for more money. I'll try to be strong and argue the point if it comes to that. Thanks, Rick. ;)

I also want everyone to know I have not received the shipments of Blue Bottle spikes or pupae yet. Will post back here and get in touch with everyone who PM'd or answered this thread when they do.

I just hope they don't ask for more money. I'll try to be strong and argue the point if it comes to that. Thanks, Rick. ;) I also want everyone to know I have not received the shipments of Blue Bottle spikes or pupae yet. Will post back here and get in touch with everyone who PM'd or answered this thread when they do.
We must have a pic of 110,000 of them.

We must have a pic of 110,000 of them.
Egads... thanks for reminding me! They just got here, and all I could think about was getting them outside on the deck to deal with them... they made me gag when I opened the box and stuck my head down near to get a good look!

There are 100,000 white maggots and 10,000 pink maggots (for fishing bait). The order wasn't yours, it turns out, Rebecca. They were supposed to go to St. Joe Bait in Plummer, ID. And they didn't charge me extra! hehe

OK.... I think I'm going to see what will fit in each size box,

Small Flat Rate

Medium Flat Rate

Large Flat Rate

By weight small Priority box

By weight medium Priority box

There are no pupae available to sell. I did get the 3 cups of pupae in a seperate box from Pam that I'd ordered. But they were all already eclosed. Thank goodness it looks like about a little more than half survived. But I'm not complaining, lol. There's enough maggots to make up for it, I think!

OK... egads... what to do... get a picture or 2....

If any of you need housefly pupae also, please let me know!! I can throw some of these in too... as I have a couple of extra boxes of them right now I could get rid of. I can divide them up and send with the BB spikes. Let me know soon, as I'm going to ship Monday.

[SIZE=14pt]So in conclusion: [/SIZE]

No BB pupae available.... Spikes (maggots) only.

Limited amounts of Housefly pupae available!

[SIZE=18pt]Please just let me know two things: [/SIZE]

1) [SIZE=18pt]How much you are willing to spend[/SIZE]... I think it will be easier for me to figure that way... and you will get plenty for your money!

2) [SIZE=18pt]If you want any housefly pupae[/SIZE] with your BB spikes (maggots)

[SIZE=12pt](note: No housefly pupae sold seperately or in large amounts)[/SIZE]

Reply via PM asap if you'd like your order to go out Monday. Thanks everyone!!! ;)

My PayPal is [email protected].

[SIZE=14pt]So in conclusion: [/SIZE]

No BB pupae available.... Spikes (maggots) only.

Limited amounts of Housefly pupae available!

[SIZE=18pt]Please just let me know two things: [/SIZE]

1) [SIZE=18pt]How much you are willing to spend[/SIZE]... I think it will be easier for me to figure that way... and you will get plenty for your money!

2) [SIZE=18pt]If you want any housefly pupae[/SIZE] with your BB spikes (maggots)

[SIZE=12pt](note: No housefly pupae sold seperately or in large amounts)[/SIZE]

Reply via PM asap if you'd like your order to go out Monday. Thanks everyone!!! ;)

OK... I divided up the pink bag which contained 10,000 maggots equally into 5 deli cups... so 2,000 apiece. They were all about exactly 1/2 full. So 1,000 maggots would be 1/4 of a 320z deli cup like we all use, with the cloth lids. This is what I'm going to ship them in too, btw... (unless you order a small amount, and then I'll use the ventilated bags like you get housefly pupae in from Spiderpharm and ship in a small Flat Rate box).

1,000 maggots = 1/4 of a 32oz deli cup

2,000 maggots = 1/2 of a 32oz deli cup

3,000 maggots = 3/4 of a 32oz deli cup

4,000 maggots = 1 full 32oz deli cup

[SIZE=18pt]Can do a good 1,000 maggots for $10.00 shipped via Priority. [/SIZE]

For greater amounts, just let me know how much you're willing to spend... and I will pack accordingly (most for your money, considering shipping added in).

Please note: I won't be shipping today.... (I don't know what I was thinking... it's Friday!) as I don't want them sitting an extra day at the post. I'm going to cool them back down over the weekend, try to separate the live (cream colored ones) from the dead ones (brown/black ones), and then ship Monday.

If anyone who wants any could please have their amounts together and paid before Sunday, that would greatly help me get a leg up on organizing and shipping Monday. If you can't pay before Sunday, please PM me and we'll work it out. ;) Thanks!!

I regret to say, but I cannot sell these spikes/maggots. I will let everyone who made a deal with me know also by PM, cancel all orders for these, and refund any money already paid in full.

I was anticipating receiving and having live and healthy spikes to share at a good price when I found out of the mistake in shipping and the extreme amount. When I received them they stank to high heaven (still do), but I didn't think too much about it as they normally stink anyway; and I figured that amount would logically stink even more.

I received the 110,000 BB spikes the day before yesterday. I took them all out of the packages and put them into a jumbo sized (clean) litterbox; then put that on ice in a big old metal tub my grandparents used to have. I also put some cold packs/blocks on the top and covered with a carpet square, all to cool them down.

The next day, yesterday, I bought a screen and set up some tubs below and sprinkled a good single layer of the spikes on the screen and over the tubs, in hopes that the live ones would want to burrow down into the clean tubs below... leaving the dead ones on the screening. First I gathered together, and hooked up 4 heat lamps above them, then used sunlight when that didn't seem to work. But hardly any of them have even wiggled or showed signs of life since I got them. There are a few that do, half-heartedly. But for the most part I'm now thinking they are almost all either dead or dying.

It upsets me; and I sincerely and profoundly apologize for any inconvenience anyone is now experiencing, thinking they would be getting these shipped Monday to them and have feeders that they were planning on. But I cannot sell them or even give them away as they are. It also upsets me because I have spent almost $10.00 in ice to keep them cold, bought a big aluminum screen for $24 something plus tax, cleaned out the tubs for them, and have been messing with and smelling them for 2 days now. And all the PM's (only about 8 people... but still).

Again... I apologize for withdrawing the sale. Thank you all who were wiling to help me out to get rid of them.

Becky

Latest posts