• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Blue Bottle Pupae or Spikes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't feel bad, Katt! I think that you are at least the second buyer to be stung by the wholesaler you used in recent months. I bought overstock from a member here, who sold them in good faith, and all were dead or dying when I got them.

If you check out the ads on the internet for spikes, folks, you will certainly find lower prices than the going price at Mantisplace. Then you discover that to get a guaranteed shipment, you have to order Express. If you don't, you stand a good chance of finding a lot of smelly, black corpses. Since Mantisplace sends out spikes routinely by Priority, with apropriate packs, and since I have never recieved a dead'n, I make the obvious choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
at least you gave me the refund, the last guy didnt, it happens. i hate flies i do! lol they are alot of trouble, they fly super fast! and theres alwaz some kind of problem with them. i really prefer crickets but 20% of the mantids out there cant eat them and live, so what areyou gonna do. I wish butteflies grew fast, at least there pretty =) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont' worry. It happens. What are you going to do with all of those? :lol:

at least you gave me the refund, the last guy didnt, it happens. i hate flies i do! lol they are alot of trouble, they fly super fast! and theres alwaz some kind of problem with them. i really prefer crickets but 20% of the mantids out there cant eat them and live, so what areyou gonna do. I wish butteflies grew fast, at least there pretty =) :p
Dont' worry. It happens. What are you going to do with all of those? :lol:
Thanks for understanding, guys. I appreciate it. :)

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with them. :rolleyes: I thought about trying to go through them and individually pick out ones that are moving.... but.... ehhhh.... I really don't think it would be worth it, either in time spent or raunch endured by stomach and nose.

I've been thinking.... there are some country roads not far. And there are ditches and cornfields on those country roads that may need some fertilization. ;) Hubby said, "DON'T put them out with the garbage!! Our trash men will call the police and they'll come to investigate the body they think is in there!" :huh: :lol:

I just threw the rest of mine over the fence... farmers field ya know! They are not worth picking thru, especially this bunch, they are not moving at all, so means they are dead, now gotta go wash the containers. <_<

You should make some brownies! :p
Egads!!!! :eek: Omg... kamakiri, how could your brain even think such a thing. Tell you what... I'll go out to that ditch on the country road that I dumped them at, and pick a few cups of them back up. I'll ship them to you, and YOU can make some brownies with them. How about that?!! :p

I still can't hardly believe it...... out of 110,000 maggots, I didn't get one single fly. I did get an email from Pam saying she is going to replace/re-ship my original order of 5,000 though, which is good news.

Now.... where's my brownies, Grant?!!! :lol:

Latest posts