Breaking News, Lady GaGa turns into Mantis!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The video lunarstorm posted is the exact reason I love Lady GaGa, she uses song as a second language! She believes that indivduality is good and isn't afraid to express herself, too many kids today concern about being like everyone else and being popular that they prey on those who aren't afraid to be who they are, something I noticed a lot in middle school, she may be a little crazy, but she is someone who advocates those who are truly unique, sure, being myself doesn't land me a ton of friends, but at least I'm not always worried about being someone who I'm not, we only have 1 life, shouldn't it be our choice how to live it?

agent A you are exactly right! Look at the mess I used to listen too, I for one am not putting you down one bit! It's just in fun Bud, freedom of choice is golden. ;)

The video lunarstorm posted is the exact reason I love Lady GaGa, she uses song as a second language! She believes that indivduality is good and isn't afraid to express herself, too many kids today concern about being like everyone else and being popular that they prey on those who aren't afraid to be who they are, something I noticed a lot in middle school, she may be a little crazy, but she is someone who advocates those who are truly unique, sure, being myself doesn't land me a ton of friends, but at least I'm not always worried about being someone who I'm not, we only have 1 life, shouldn't it be our choice how to live it?
Well said. Kind of funny you get that from a pop diva now. For me it was the punk scene and 'new wave'. As far from the mainstream as I could get.

being myself doesn't land me a ton of friends, but at least I'm not always worried about being someone who I'm not, we only have 1 life, shouldn't it be our choice how to live it?
Often at times being yourself can take some bravery, but in the end you'll be rewarded for it, so don't let anyone change what you like or who you are! I put the Metal post above to show how liking a wide range of music will help you understand and appreciate what music really is, which is "what ever you want it to be", some people will think i worship the devil :devil2: (which I don't) from what they hear, but the truth is I just liked the high energy and blazing guitars. :angel:

To summarize: Just Be Yourself and rest you can't always control...

Adam Ant and Devo are no longer cool?!!! :eek:

I better catch up with the times!

I once saw Lady GaGa do a great live performance on the Palladia channel. When she lifted her leg and started playing with her foot for some extra notes, I was extremely impressed. I don't like all the songs, but I believe she is very talented and a true musician, even if she rarely wears pants. :p I think if someone sounds good live, they really are good. :clap:

This is one of my guilty pleasures. I know..."You're Horrible, Muriel". The slow motion is the icing on the cake. You can even hear her say "OUCH!". I know I'm gonna hear it for this. :lol:

This is one of my guilty pleasures. I know..."You're Horrible, Muriel". The slow motion is the icing on the cake. You can even hear her say "OUCH!". I know I'm gonna hear it for this. :lol:
Now that's a pro when you can take a spill like that and just keep performing.

Adam Ant does the same thing in the beginning of this 2011 performance. ^_^

Gaga and Slayer are two things I can listen to and enjoy more than a bit. None of the Ant or Devo selections, etc. were tolerable for me. Listening to them, I felt like I was babysitting other people's children while they were out collecting amazing bugs.

That Stern performance was impressive. Her voice is an instrument (a good one).