breeding rhombodera stalli

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all! I've got a male rhomby almost ready to molt to adulthood and a female that's been a subadult for almost two weeks. What I want to know is how long my male will live? I'm concerned that he may senesce and die before the female is ready to molt, should I look around to buy an adult male or should he be good?

Walker Jones

yeah, i've been restricting his food pretty heavily, not starving him but making sure he's cooler and not getting a thanksgiving meal every week. His wingbuds are pretty engorged so he'll be an adult soon. keep his girlfriend very warm, 78-84, and feeding her as much within reason. rhombodera have become my favorite type of mantid and charmed me, so i'm super excited to have some babies!

yeah, i've been restricting his food pretty heavily, not starving him but making sure he's cooler and not getting a thanksgiving meal every week. His wingbuds are pretty engorged so he'll be an adult soon. keep his girlfriend very warm, 78-84, and feeding her as much within reason. rhombodera have become my favorite type of mantid and charmed me, so i'm super excited to have some babies!
yea, I'd feed him twice a week but fairly small prey
be sure to vary the prey though so his genitals/gonads aren't compromised
also make sure he gets enough water to drink
after he molts to adult, weekly feedings are sufficient

Latest posts