Bringing mantids on airplanes abroad

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishe

Reaction score
Hi, im going to London and will probably end up buying a mantid or 2 there. Is anyone familiar with the import laws and any of the policies of the airlines. I cant find anything online in the ways of domestic insects.

What's in London that can't be found somewhere more locally and avoid any import problems/seizures? Do they have a cute accent or something? :lol:

Haha, id rather spend 10 pounds there than 45 bucks + shipping here for an orchid

I have no ways to get them locally, just online

Haha, id rather spend 10 pounds there than 45 bucks + shipping here for an orchid
I'd gladly pay you $45+ for a 10 pound Orchid. I can only imagine how big that would be. :eek:

But seriously, I'm afraid any insects would be confiscated in customs. That's what they're there for. Mantids aren't legal to import so they would likely charge you with smuggling if you have them hidden. Not worth it. That's assuming you live in the US.

The only website that has them in stock is selling L2 for 45 which I think is ridiculous. Precarious- I love your collection, where r u located?

Look in the for sale section of this forum. I am sure you can find something.

I just sold a bunch for way less than $45 including sexed pairings. You should be patient, they pop up for $10-$15 each more often than you think.

The only way you could do it is to post them

Back to yourself and hope they survive/get through customs. Very dodgy grounds though so best to avoid :-/

Coming back with an ooth seems easier if available. But anyways, if Fishe does pursue it and succeeds, would that mean new blood in the U.S.?

There is new blood constantly coming in from Sharon Cheong in Malaysia.

I'd gladly pay you $45+ for a 10 pound Orchid. I can only imagine how big that would be. :eek:

But seriously, I'm afraid any insects would be confiscated in customs. That's what they're there for. Mantids aren't legal to import so they would likely charge you with smuggling if you have them hidden. Not worth it. That's assuming you live in the US.
mantisattack.jpg