Broken forum links

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzxmUyZNKEBoqN3e

Reaction score
There's no meta sub to put this in, so I guess this will do here. After the forum update, clicking some links leads to a URL that is no longer defined; the faulty buttons are circled in red:

om7EK0Q.png

They lead to http://mantidforum.net/forums/ which gives an Error 404, "The requested URL was not found on this server." I'm assuming this is an artefact from the previous forums, as the new landing page is just mantidforum.net.

The hosting company said they could no longer support the forum being outside of the root directory, for reasons I didn't really follow up on because that (very) old landing page never made much sense anyway. 

By "some," how frequent are you encountering this? 

I appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry for the broken links. Likely this is something that we will all probably just have to by overlook in the same sense that an adult budwing mantis has these little buds for wings and they are really rather useless, but they can't ungrow them. ;)  

@Peter Clausenfor me, if I type “www.mantidforum.net it works. But if I type “mantidforum.net” it doesn’t. The www. At the beginning makes all the difference.

I had to Google the forum and sign in again to be able to view it.

- MantisGirl13 

I at first thought where is the forum? (getting a 404 a few days ago was afraid forum was gone)

Today I discovered that I could reach forum again by removing a a part of old link.

Likely this is something that we will all probably just have to by overlook in the same sense that an adult budwing mantis has these little buds for wings and they are really rather useless, but they can't ungrow them. ;)  
Take that back. Their wings aren't useless. They are there to make them look twice as cute. :wub:

Latest posts