• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brunneria borealis Ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
One of the more exotic North American species. Very long elegant mantis.

L6

BrunnerL6_2773-sm.jpg

Only females exist so all ooths are fertile. This is one of the few mantids able to reproduce through parthenogenesis.

Adults are just over 3" (over 4" if you count their unique fat antennae) and able to take an adult cricket!

Adult

Bborealis_5377-sm.jpg

Bborealis_5380-sm.jpg

Bborealis_5396-sm.jpg

L4

BrunL4_9890-sm.jpg

Ooths are $20 each, two for $30

Shipping method of your choice

They will not hatch till spring due to diapause. It can take months for all nymphs to emerge so continue incubation even after the first nymphs have hatched.

This is not a discussion forum. If you have something you want to ask or convey to precarious, you should PM him.

DARN! I have very little money right now! UGH! Is it possible to put some aside? Till after/during Christmas? Just one ooth. I'd love to get one but right now money is not exactly abundant. I understand if you can't but I'd love to get some of these! 2 weeks and I'll be all over this (not even 2 weeks actually!!! More like 1 1/2).

So yes, this species looks like it is wonderful and I tried to get some not too long ago. I'll make sure to get to you as SOON as the money appears.

Last edited by a moderator:
DARN! I have very little money right now! UGH! Is it possible to put some aside? Till after/during Christmas? Just one ooth. I'd love to get one but right now money is not exactly abundant. I understand if you can't but I'd love to get some of these! 2 weeks and I'll be all over this (not even 2 weeks actually!!! More like 1 1/2).

So yes, this species looks like it is wonderful and I tried to get some not too long ago. I'll make sure to get to you as SOON as the money appears.
I have plenty and a female still laying so I got you covered.

I have plenty and a female still laying so I got you covered.
Thank you man! You are the best! Hahaha! What temp do they like? They are Southern but not as restricted to the south as... say... Thesprotia. So maybe in between the temp of a Thesprotia graminis and a Stagmomantis carolina?

So like no less then 75 no more than 95? About 85 preferably?

EDIT:

What would you say is the best for heating them up? Lights are an option but if I use them I have to spray 2-4 times as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you man! You are the best! Hahaha! What temp do they like? They are Southern but not as restricted to the south as... say... Thesprotia. So maybe in between the temp of a Thesprotia graminis and a Stagmomantis carolina?

So like no less then 75 no more than 95? About 85 preferably?

EDIT:

What would you say is the best for heating them up? Lights are an option but if I use them I have to spray 2-4 times as much.
I do a little above room temp so about 75-85 and mist every day. Pretty much the same for every ooth I incubate.

Latest posts