Brunneria borealis - The White Lady... Albino or Color Morph?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normal but fairly uncommon. Two years ago at bugfest we had two like that. Those were wild collected.

Rather than restate what has been stated well by Frogparty, I concur wholeheartedly, even about the maximum size not necessarily being reachable by some due to diet, eating habits, poor hunting technique. The traits are inherited but the actual product is influenced by exterior (especially during an Olympiad if the keeper watches T.V. (Ha!)

To my knowledge a male of this species has never been documented. It certainly looks like a brunner with the exception of the pinkish color and the length of the wings, but who knows what a male would look like. I believe the end of a male's abdomen would look a little different than that. May be some odd brunner variation with wings in the way Mesopteryx alata females can have short or long wings, but that's just a guess. Someone else may have a better answer.

Lookslike Thesprotia sp.

I don't read any language but english, but the word Thesprotia stood out to me as I scanned the text under the photos.

Edit: Looking closer, agent A has a point. Unless I could read the article, I know next to nothing. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator: