Brunners Nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
The ooth I got from Rick a while back has finally hatched. If I remember correctly, I think the date on the vial said it was laid on 10/14/07. So that's a little over 7 months. The first nymph hatched yesterday. Four more hatched this morning.

2523120878_aa785df47a_o.jpg

2522294657_cc10c5151d_o.jpg

You suck :rolleyes: The one I kept for myself never hatched.

Haha, sorry you guys didn't have any luck! I had mine in the greenhouse for a while where it went through some very hot and humid conditions. Maybe that was what did the trick.

Two more nymphs hatched this morning. :D Yen says on his site that he had one hatch almost a year after the first hatch, so I'll be keeping the ooth around a while just in case.

The ooth I got from Rick a while back has finally hatched. If I remember correctly, I think the date on the vial said it was laid on 10/14/07.
Awesome! There's still hope for the one Rick sent me too! ;)

What are you feeding them?

B. borealis is one of my favorite all time mantids. They'll hatch out for more than a week, in my experience. I'm not so sure you shouldn't keep the ooth around for at least a month! Please let us know when the last one comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
an ooth i got 1 week ago just hatched,they are great little guys and have lots of personality. :blink:

I have four hatched out over the course of 5 days so far. I really don't know why anyone would toss the egg case away. Just stick it in a small cup and leave it alone. As someone already posted, Yen wrote about having one hatch almost a year after the first hatchling.

Latest posts