Bug wrangler helps with catching and feeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nantid

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my method for catching wild insects as well as removing feeders from container to cage. I have this great child's toy called a bug wrangler. It uses 4AA batteries and it sucks up feeders really well. The opening is the perfect size to stick in the hole of my habitats. I store my feeders in containers with foam plugs so I can just stick my bug gun in the hole and suck some out for easy transfer. It has 3 sections, one section has a flip up magnifier and a screen on the other end. One section is about a 6 inch funnel and you can use a foam stopper(not supplied with it) to plug the hole. I find this comes in handy when I'm out catching wild insects. There really is so much you can do with this thing. I've been using it for years and never saw anyone mention it so I just thought I'd share. Oh and another thing, when your neighbors see you out running around the yard with it , it will convince them you are nuts and they should keep their distance. With my neighbors this is a GOOD thing. DSC_0417.jpg Sorry for puny picture but MF kept making me resize, I had more views but wasn't worth the effort.

it works for small things, but is hard to get anything of decent size, but does work well for smaller things.

I just saw something similar at Michaels for cleaning up beads. I had it in my hands, but I put it back. I was there for jewelry tools. Gotta keep focused, as I only had one coupon. :( :lol:

How did you get the large photo on there? They kept making me shrink mine til there was haedly anything left?

Pooters are pretty easy to make.

Just need a plastic jar with air tight lid, 2 hoses with a filter on the end of

the tube you suck on, drill 2 holes in the lid, poke the tubes through, seal

around the tubes with epoxy, and your done!!

They are like little lung powered vacuum cleaners :)

Maybe Google "how to make a pooter" ;)

LOL!! yeah, it is a pretty silly word :)

I bet you could get slapped asking someone if they had a "pooter"!! LOL

I will feed them, I will breed them, I will pay for fake one, and fake ooths, I will pay for things ship that die, I will wipe their little butts and hand feed them, I will take them out for a romp, but I won't suck them up!!!!!!!

LOL!! I only use my pooter for feeders, flys and such, and to vacuum up dead bugs.

I would NEVER use it for a mantis nymph!! ;)

Latest posts