Bugfest 2013! Pics are up!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick what ever happened to Andrew? I remember he helped host the table with you for a few years.
I have no idea really. He hasn't logged on here in years and I haven't heard from him.

That might be a good idea if you don't mind staying there for a bit. I'll have my friend from school helping me again and possibly a friend of mine that fossil hunts with me but neither are really good with mantids.

Yayyy!!! Round trip with hotel 279 ;) Rick if you would like any of us to bring you food or a coffee please let us know. I am flying in Saturday and should at Bugfest by noon if all goes according to schedule. All I can do is bring you offerings since my knowledge needs to increase greatly about mantids lol.

Yayyy!!! Round trip with hotel 279 ;) Rick if you would like any of us to bring you food or a coffee please let us know. I am flying in Saturday and should at Bugfest by noon if all goes according to schedule. All I can do is bring you offerings since my knowledge needs to increase greatly about mantids lol.
Killer deal you got. I should be set but you are free to hang out at my booth if you want/need to.

Speaking of coffee... You guys have any Dunkin donuts down there yet? Last time I was down south there weren't any ^.^ it's icky but it's coffee! Thank you very much Rick, I can't wait to see your set up and grab some pics. Hoping to absorb some knowledge at the same time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep we got em. I'll be the guy with the shaved head behind the table. Be prepared for some serious crowds at this thing. I'll get up the location when they let me know.

I can't wait. I am really glad it does so well!! Hoping to get some great pics and learn lots. Do you know offhand if there are any book vendors or if the museum has a bookstore? Looking I pick up a couple of Entomology books ;)

Not that I know of. In all the years I've done this I have not been able to really walk around.

I sadly can not make it, but my brother who currently is at Clemson may make the trip to check out your mantis display. :)

Ok, anyone going that would like to meet up shoot me a Marco Polo text the day of the event and we can meet somewhere at the museum.

Cell is 603.785.8682

I will be in the air/ transit until @1130 if I remember my ticket correctly. Gonna be a burn and return for me as I leave Sunday at 0600 so I will be up for some dinner after the event, have not decided if it's gonna be an all nighter or an early to bed yet :)

I am looking forward to meeting people who love insects since there aren't many around here >.<

I will probably be going, I am hoping to find a Brunner's mantis while im down there.

This year was a great success. Our table was very busy most of the day. Big thanks to [SIZE=11pt]Peter, agentA, Precarious, jamurfjr, jrh3, andrewNisip, kitkat39, likebugs, Ntsees, and Orin for contributing. Hopefully I didn't forget anybody. [/SIZE]

http://tinypic.com/a/2s7s8/2

Just a few quick edits that I got today :) It was great to meet Rick and Ismart... and your friend Ismart, he truly is a good friend to come to Bugfest with you *grin It is an awesome museum and I thought it was a great event! Good job Rick, the table was busy and your setup was varied and very interesting! I shot ALOT more pics after I left and I can't wait to get them up on FB, this city has some nice architecture to shoot. I wandered downtown and caught the last of the motorcycle festival and got caught in the rainstorm, it was fantastic lol. It was a pleasure speaking to all of you, thank you very much gentlemen :yinyang:

Last edited by a moderator: