Bugfest mantids could use a few...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orin

Reaction score
I've got some big bug fests coming up August 3rd and August 10th. I've just got two kinds of mantids currently if anyone has an unmated female or anything pretty but extra or useless for rearing they might want to donate for the displays. The crowds will be mostly kids, usually under ten.

These are in northern Ohio east and central, the smaller one is in Canfield and the large one is in Garfield Heights.

just native species Orin?
So far nothing and the events are coming up fast. One very small Chinese is all I've found outside.

The Canfield Bug Day has 2,000 to 3,000 visitors while the Garfield Hts. event hosts 6,000 to 10,000 mostly dependent on the weather. There are some adults checking out great live and dead bug displays but it is mostly youngsters. I think these events help to foster a greater appreciation and understanding of invertebrates, mantids included even though they are usually the least disliked invertebrate in the general population with the possible exception of butterflies.

I only just noticed they changed the second one to a Saturday this year.

I'd send you something but I don't have any mantids right now. I haven't seen any outside either.

I'm pretty sure that it's not what you are looking for but I have a few L2 ghosts that are yours if you want them. They wouldn't be that fun though, unless you had some kind of magnifier setup on the enclosure.

I'm up for anything at this point, just not anything that needs to be returned (hence the old, unmated female request, it's not that I'm a huge fan of old unmated females). I am giving the coolest mantis I have away to someone for free for use on a tv show which puts me at one little Chinese and some stuff too funky to display.

If you can help out send me a pm and I'll send my address but I just found out I'm only definately going to one of the bugfests (supposed budget cuts - they cut out bug displays instead of bubble machines and face painting, a nice kick in the teeth on my 21st year).

I'm up for anything at this point, just not anything that needs to be returned (hence the old, unmated female request, it's not that I'm a huge fan of old unmated females). I am giving the coolest mantis I have away to someone for free for use on a tv show which puts me at one little Chinese and some stuff too funky to display.
What TV show?

Latest posts