Bugs in Asia

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, please stop guessing. Rhombodera sp. should be sufficient, without a specimen any ID to species level would be rather ridiculous. I still don't know which country we are talking about.

Regards,

Christian

Rob, that doesn't sound like yourself who always champion for no illegal shipping.. and where is Calvin (ogiga) from.. er USA? ;)
True, but I didn't even consider that he was from America :huh: My mistake ;)

I still don't know which country we are talking about.
I suggested Thailand and he agreed, you must be tired mate ;)

Can I take a second guess OGIGA and ask if you are south of Kuala Lumpar, specifically Kluang (maybe Keluang now) ? ;)

Rob.

Okay, I can't explicitly say where I am until I get back. Sorry to disappoint so many of you. :unsure: Some people know where I am though.

I forgot to post this up. I found a really cool bug poster at a school. These aren't mantises, but I thought they were when I first saw them.

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

Thats some leaf insects, (phyllium sp)Great little phasmids
looks like phllium gigantium (sp) but im often rather wrong at phasmids, but the top left pic is an adult male...the top right what looks to be a juvinile adult , and the bottom pic a rather impressive adult female:)

phyllium are very nice animals and quite easy to keep imho i have one living in a pint glass with me at uni, somewhat of a block mascot :) along with my mantids

i love being british we can bring back all manner of things in our luggage its all quite nice, i guess its just as we have to put up with crappy weather :)

makes me proud of this god forsaken island

looks like phllium gigantium (sp) but im often rather wrong at phasmids, but the top left pic is an adult male...the top right what looks to be a juvinile adult , and the bottom pic a rather impressive adult female:)

phyllium are very nice animals and quite easy to keep imho i have one living in a pint glass with me at uni, somewhat of a block mascot :) along with my mantids

i love being british we can bring back all manner of things in our luggage its all quite nice, i guess its just as we have to put up with crappy weather :)

makes me proud of this god forsaken island

The pics don't show Ph. giganteum. I even doubt that the males, which look like celebicum or siccifolium, belong to that female, which seems to be something from the bioculatum group.

I forgot to post this up. I found a really cool bug poster at a school. These aren't mantises, but I thought they were when I first saw them.
IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG
Have fun and a safe trip back Calvin :)

Can I take a second guess OGIGA and ask if you are south of Kuala Lumpar, specifically Kluang (maybe Keluang now) ? ;) Rob.
Kluang is the correct name, Keluang is never the official name. it is few hundred KM south of Kuala Lumpur, in fact it is in another state. Not the best place for bug collecting in Malaysia anyway due to the recent industrial development. Well, it is not Malaysia or Thailand anyway, will let Calvin to tell it later.

WOOOHOOO!!! Hey Calvin!! I'm a bit late but reeally good to see you taking time and sending back these really coool shots!!! You've got the members buzzin!! :mellow: Keep it up and be safe enjoy your trip!!

Looking forward to more goodies!! :lol:

Regards!!

Oh, thanks everyone for responding. I forgot that I come to a forum like this from time to time. Anyway, I'm still alive. :) I'm planning to be back home in the beginning of February.

Latest posts