Bugs/Mantis collecting trip

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exo

Reaction score
Hi to all mantis hobbyst 

Me and my crew went out for a while to make sure we will bring back to the hobby few more nice looking mantis species 
Some pictures below, others should be following in a meantime

You can also check for any update on our's fan page on a facebook 

Exo Factory Insects

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures below

Regards

24.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

37.jpg

41.jpg

46.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

72.jpg

75.jpg

81.jpg

84.jpg

92.jpg

Is the creobroter (or maybe theoprobus) with the smile on its back already in the hobby? It's adorable. I need one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always like Deroplatys truncata, but I've never seen them available in the US while I've been in the hobby. I hope one day they make their way over in numbers where they might be more commonly available.

So you are on Borneo then? What are the localities where you found these nice species?

Amazing finds in the wild, I would be beside myself if I found some of those in the wild. :D Thanks for sharing, and best of luck with your new pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious as to where you were collecting now in Asia? As I see you found a Japanese boxer (Acromantis japonica) and seems they are typically found on a certain small island anymore, and even there are becoming harder to find. Very nice finds nonetheless!

The one of the mantis you mention is not a Acromantis but citharomantis falcata :)

Little more difficult to get than pretty common japanese boxer mantis :)

Whole South East Asia 

Yeah that was the one, does looks very similar (at least in that photo) - but after looking up some more photos of the species you gave indeed there are differences :D

Very nice, seems like the majority you get are ones I haven't heard much if not anything about. Thanks for sharing some great species.
thumbs-up2.gif

Latest posts