Bugsey ate raw honey

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neat experience. My mantis were okay with raw honey. When I diluted it to almost sugar water level they drank their fill and most did not want to let go of the dropper. None reacted that way with the more viscous honey.

Such a neat experience to hand feed a mantis. The mouth parts, to me, are so fascinating.

@Zeppy44 I put the cage on my bed so we could visit with each other. He hung upside down had its legs spread out and was staring at me haha didnt do they before i gave him honey.

@Zeppy44 I hand feed my mantises as often as I can by slicing open a wax worm and watching them eat the liquid insides because I love their mouths so much. To watch the little feelers and the jaws work together to eat their prey is absolutely fascinating. 

Watching the mouth parts doing their thing, I noticed something I am still not sure about. I think the large eyes can not see small food at the mouth. I will have to look into the anatomy of the mantis mouth and see what is going on. I think some parts are used for locating and feeding food into the mouth.

Anyway interesting to watch and take note of the vivid colors of the many parts.

Latest posts