BugTrader (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradoxica

Reaction score
I just got some cryptic mantids from him today. Let me just say that this is the best packaging I've ever seen; insulated box, 5 individual cups with mesh on top and inside for them to grip, all inside a larger delicup with moist paper towel, very neatly packed without any wiggle room.

It really was a beautiful thing.

:) The mantids were pretty neat too! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paid a cheap price for 4 Idolos and received 6. Probably the best deal I've ever gotten, and they were packed excellent and shipped fast.

A+++++ recieved 2 extra idolos. great communication, very nice and friendly. Will do business with him anyday.

Flat out the best packaging I ever saw... He made sure I knew what was what with very careful labeling, he's in my great people list with his overall pro style! Thanks man.

I received some very nice looking nymphs from him today. All arrived alive, and well. His packing is top notch. I will be doing business with him again. Great communication, and over all just a great guy. If he is selling something you want don't hesitate to buy from him. I promise you will not be disappointed. :)

Thanks again!

Paul

Just picked up from firebrats from Bug Trader. Everything was perfect from beginning to end with this transaction on an insect that isn't very easy to find. He was patient with my questions about their care and quick to reply in all cases. I look forward to many more transactions!

the 2 trios arrived today. I was so impressed by the packaging! tysm michael!

Got some House Fly pupa from him this week. Good communication and fast shipping, will buy from again!

Bug Trader is the best! I just received both of my Orchids from him safe and sound along with some BB & HF pupae as an extra!

Great packer and excellent to deal with! With BT you can't go wrong!

Wow! Wow! Wow! That is the only word tha comes to mind. I am amazed at how professional BugTrader was and how knowledgable and generous he was to me despite my newb status in the hobby. I ordered a pair of Hymenopus Coronatus for breeding purposes and was floored with the deal he gave me. The morning they were set to go out the female mismolted, he informed me immediatley and already had a back-up offer that was more than generous. Not only did he refund a good portion of my money for the pair, but he included a free Deroplatys dessicata with a slightly younger, female H. coronatus and gave me a murderous deal on a H. membranacea ootheca.

Let's talk shipping. WOW! The box was a reinforced cardboard box, not the standard box from USPS. It was lined in styrofoam and then an insulation. The heat-pack was packed such that it never came into contact with the mantids and it never came loose in the shpment even though the postman practiclly tossed the box to me. :censored: There was NO room for wiggle as everything was in seperated compartments and buffered with moist newspaper. When I opened the box you could tell the heat-pack and moist paper was doing its job.

The attention to detail that BugTrader has, lets you know exactly how much he cares for his mantids and wants to make sure they get through a shipment safely. H. coronatas was carefully packed in her cup that had a stick mounted to the side for her to grip during the trip as well as tissue paper on the bottom to hold in moisture and a reinforced lid. It was taped together with painters tape which made removeable very fast, simple and safe. She happily came out and walked all over me before retiring to her new pad and chowing down with some yummy BBs that he sent with her FREE!

dessicata was chillin in her deli cup which was lined with soft screen to help protect her along the journey. She also came out and was very alert and social. Not wanting to retire to her new digs but eventually did and chowed down on some HF that he sent with her... you guessed it, FREE. He also mounted the ootheca for me at not cost.

What I really appreciated was that BugTrader didn't tell me... don't get this or that because you are new to the hobby. Instead he said, read here, look at this, etc. And once the kids arrived, he didn't wash his hands of me. Instead, he's given me a billion tips, and keeps me wanting to come back for more! Very amazing guy here, he puts the hobby first and really wants to get the person involved and interested in as many things as possible. I will absolutley do business with BugTrader again. He's good people. Great attitude and very knowledgable. Ten gun salute for BugTrader :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :clap:

:tooth:

Picked up some hf and bb pupae, included a ton of extras in great packaging. If you need to know anything else, I believe that glock34girl basically has said it. Thanks Michael, great work.

I feel that I got alot more than I paid for, both times that I ordered from Bug Trader. It won't be the last time that I buy from him. :D

Just got a package from Michael, and all I can say is if everyone shipped as well as him DOA would be a thing of the past, top notch is a under statement!

Thanks man, you truly deserve all the great things people are saying about you, plus some...

Just got a package, and man is it amazing!!!! reinforced, heatpack, and extras!!!! I wish there was a word better than perfect that i could describe this transaction for!!! :clap:

Ten gun salute for BugTrader! Can't find the gun emoticon in my phone but its definitely another ten gun salute!

I got a Creo Trio and ordered some excelsior. I was floored when I opened the box to find three deli cups packed oh so snugly in nothing but excelsior surrounded by insulation!!!!! I have excelsior for ever now and the Creo Trio had a safe and snug shipping. One even molted on the way and came along just perfectly! It is my first experience with this species and they are absolutely psychotic! Taking down a BB as small as they are! I was like.. Gonna have to order some more BBs! They are a brilliant color and were in safe cups that had moist paper towels and a neatly taped on lid with FF screen and excelsior inside to help them hang on during shipment. BugTrader is a beautiful thing. Just beautiful.

Received some odds and ends a while back, invertebrates and vertebrates as well.

By far the most intricate packaging I have seen from any member on the forum, he takes pride in his work.

Fruit fly cultures are also better and cheaper than anywhere else I have bought from.

Latest posts