Building Up the Collection Again

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guapoalto049

Reaction score
Back at it after a few years, working on a few spp now with pics attached!

IMG_2812.jpg

Starting to look a little more Mega...5 cm

IMG_2818.jpg

Another Plisto female

IMG_2794.jpg

Top L clockwise: Gongylus gongylodes, Idolomantis diabolica, Deroplatys desiccata, Tenodera aridifolia, Heterochaeta (center), Rhombodera megaera (live)

IMG_2487.jpg

New(ish) box. Blepharopsis mendica, Hierodula majuscula, Hymeopus coronatus, Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii

IMG_2617.jpg

R. megaera female. 9.5 cm

IMG_2650.jpg

Decimiana bolivari nymph

IMG_2647.jpg

Orchid kiddos

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures only the blocked/forbidden image symbol, the googleusercontent links aren't working. :( Depending on how you are trying to add them from your Google account, here is one method. You need to share the images so others can view them.

Good to hear your back at it though, and have some interesting species. ;)

The pictures are working now. :)

Your display specimens look great, and some rather difficult species to keep. The Orchid nymphs look stunning, but the unique coloring of your Plistospilota's are eye catching. Looks like your Rhombodera is enjoying her free time. Out of your current species which is your favorite?

I plan to eventually try the Rhombodera, but have heard some great things about the Plistospilota too (at least if they can be obtained). ;)

Thank you!

I'm a sucker for large species, so R. megaera is my favorite right now. These are the true "Mega mantis." I wish I had the chance to breed them, but the males that were sent to me all died in transit. Deroplatys desiccata is still my overall favorite though!

Don't worry about the Plisto, they'll be easier to obtain in a few months ;)  

Nice, I like large species too, such as my Deroplatys lobata females I had, but the smaller ones are likely my favorites due to their unique traits and wider variety. One downside of the hobby for sure is shipping, especially of any decent distances. I'm with you on the Deroplatys, they are a great species.

Sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out and hopefully get a few Plisto's then. :)

@ashleenicoleThe colors really show well in natural sunlight! I haven't seen much variation in this species' colors, so we'll see what happens with this batch.

Here is the megaera next to a 9 cm Chinese female I found today for reference:

IMG_2846.jpg