bumble bees

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats good, I wish I could catch more.
huh.gif

I have two giant asians who have no problems with wasps or bees and also my female limbata sub adult seems to handle bees without getting stung or bitten so it is all I guess in how a mantis holds the bee or wasp that makes it easier for them to eat and seen a wasp try to sting a mantis when it was being devoured but could find no place to sting the mantis and it was probing the raptorial arm and could not sting her at all!O have used dragon flies in the past and may flies as well and any kind of flying insect I could catch even some that look like giant mosquitoes but without the biting mouth parts!I am a expert at catching these with just a small plastic vial with a lid and along with my crickets my mantids get the best in what I can offer them!
Me too, Paul! It saves transferring them from a net to the feeing port, but it needs skill and practice. Perhaps we could give a demo on YouTube and offer members lapel pins according to their skill level! :D

well I still need to use a net to catch dragonflies being their flying skills are more advanced then the regular bee or fly which are slower and easier to catch!

Latest posts