c. pictipennis or poca spurca?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkayum

Reaction score
Creobroter pictipennis or poca spurca? i have to choose between them. What were your experiences with these beautiful species? i also have chinese ooths "hatching them" I used to own 4x ghost mantis for breeding purpose, but only a male survived and died few months later. & few questions, how big would both species get? Thank you!

If u want something slow growing, long lived, forgiving, friendly, photogenic and about 3 inches long, go for the popa

If u want a prolific, small, vicious (towards prey), easy, cool, active short lived flower mantis, go for the creo ;)

How long poca spurca would live? In your experiences?

Popa: 11-14 months is probally a good guess for a tropical species. Sometimes longer. (I like Popas becasue they go into this twig postion when scared)

Creos live from 8-11 months its kinda short. (They aggressive mantids. They will chase food around the cage)

You guys are awesome. Thanks! One more questions, what temperature should I keep them in? I read somewhere they would live warm . About 80 F ?

If u want something slow growing, long lived, forgiving, friendly, photogenic and about 3 inches long, go for the popa

If u want a prolific, small, vicious (towards prey), easy, cool, active short lived flower mantis, go for the creo ;)
great advice, I couldn't say it any better.

Harry

I prefer creos over popas, but I keep both. Popas can be boring, but the twig effect is cool. Creos are more active and prettier colors. Why do you have to choose just one? :devil:

I prefer creos over popas, but I keep both. Popas can be boring, but the twig effect is cool. Creos are more active and prettier colors. Why do you have to choose just one? :devil:
I had to choose one so it'd fit my budget. Maybe both...

You can't have just one! ;)

I haven't kept popas but I love my little creos. They're endlessly fun to watch hunt, fairly friendly, colorful and gorgeous. Plus I think C pictipennis's size is great.

Maybe, I would just get them both. But it can be bit pricey. Do they require heat pad or lamp? 80 degrees for these species?

Latest posts