Calendar Pictures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So many members have special pictures they have taken, would anyone like to offer them for our calendar? Unless people do, we wont have a calendar this year! Please consider adding yours, they are all so beautiful!

Please go up to the Announcements forum at the top and post them in the Post Photos Here thread.

So many members have special pictures they have taken, would anyone like to offer them for our calendar? Unless people do, we wont have a calendar this year! Please consider adding yours, they are all so beautiful!

Please go up to the Announcements forum at the top and post them in the Post Photos Here thread.
There will be a 2017 calendar, from submissions or not. I say that as there are several of us with more photos than could possibly be used for a calendar. Of course a nice range of species and photos from the members themselves is preferred by all. ;)

I'm glad to see you trying to raise more interest though, so thanks. :)

I'll be posting some later tonight or tomorrow, just picking out ones I like :p
Nice, I look forward to seeing them then.
thumbs-up2.gif

I have some myself, but I'm thinking with my newly hatched nymphs and adults on hand I'll clean my dirty DSLR camera's sensor and take some new ones just for the calendar. Perhaps arranging to take the photos in a theme for some interest too. :D

Glad to hear the calendar is a go. I rather like calendars of what I am caring for. Can replace the Killie calendar since I no longer keep them.  Mantis photography.   Hmmm  camera for Santa list?  

@CosbyArt I emailed my photos but I can't upload it to the calendar thread, it doesn't have a reply option
I did receive your 5 submissions in the email, so thanks. I was afraid that the thread would be locked to members, even though it was set to the lowest permissions possible. So I simply made a new photo thread here, please try posting there. :)

Glad to hear the calendar is a go. I rather like calendars of what I am caring for. Can replace the Killie calendar since I no longer keep them.  Mantis photography.   Hmmm  camera for Santa list?  
Indeed, have Santa bring you a DSLR if you have been a good boy this year. ;)

If money is a issue you can pick up a older model, I personally use a Nikon D70 (6.1 megapixel camera) and kit lens. Then to get macro shots, without spending $500 usually or more just for a macro lens, get a reversing ring (see here for basic details) for your lenses thread size (what I do) - or get a Raynox DCR-250.

I have also seen some good results with a iPhone with a clip-on macro lens from members on the forum - so that might be a better option (or at least more affordable especially if you already have one).

I bought a iPhone 4S on ebay for videos last week (it arrives tomorrow), as they do 1080p video and are much better than any camcorder available (used on ebay even) until nearly the $200+ range. I of course splurged and got some clip-on lenses, shutter release, tripod adapter, clip-on 60x "microscope", and such for it too. I figured it was time to try creating some DIY videos, or at least capture my pets in motion too. :D

@Zeppy44 I just use an iPhone clip on macro lens, they're pretty awesome. I'm thinking about getting a real camera though, some of the pictures I've seen that are taken with professional cameras are amazing, I just need to save up a good chunk of money, haha.

@Zeppy44 I just use an iPhone clip on macro lens, they're pretty awesome. I'm thinking about getting a real camera though, some of the pictures I've seen that are taken with professional cameras are amazing, I just need to save up a good chunk of money, haha.
I was searching more about iPhones for photos, and I stumbled into this article which has some great information to do more advanced options/photos with a iPhone that most people do not know existed. It obviously doesn't turn a iPhone into a DSLR, but really shortens the gap depending on your needs. ;)

If you do save up for a DSLR though and are looking at used cameras, a great place to find them more affordable than ebay even is local pawn shops (where I've gotten several the last few years) - just be sure to test any thoroughly and ask about the included accessories. Also I highly recommend the camera site B&H, they sell both new and used gear, and you can trust you get what you paid for with them - I've gotten new and used cameras, lenses, and such from them and was always happy with my orders.

Latest posts