Camera Question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Caruso

Reaction score
So I see all of these cool close-up photos of mantids showing everything down to the minute details. Obviously my mid-range 7 megapixel camera isn't quite up to the task. What kind of camera (in terms of either specifications or recommendations of specific brands or models) would you all recommend for getting good, detailed, close-up photos of my mantid?

So I see all of these cool close-up photos of mantids showing everything down to the minute details. Obviously my mid-range 7 megapixel camera isn't quite up to the task. What kind of camera (in terms of either specifications or recommendations of specific brands or models) would you all recommend for getting good, detailed, close-up photos of my mantid?
canon 400d slr

canon 60mm macro lens

canon mr-14ex macro flash

I use a canon eos 30d with a sigma 105mm lens, the lens can almost fill the screen with a small nymph or easily an adult :)

You're talking about macrojunkie's photos, aren't you? Haha. In order to do that kind of stuff, you'd be looking into a professional camera rather than a consumer camera. Oh, and professional cameras require separate lenses. Get a "macro" lens. Most people recommend Canon for the "body" (camera).

Latest posts